Hello my family! Thank you so much for the awesome and creative package that you sent! I loved putting together the puzzle to get the message. And I have definitely been sharing that candy with the other missionaries. (There’s now way I could eat all that by myself with the diet that I am on, ha-ha.)[A fill-in-the-blank Candy Gram.]So have you been getting the crazy storms that we have been getting here?Reece, that’s pretty crazy that you want to go sky diving. My last companion (Elder Nelson) went skydiving before his mission and he really enjoyed it. Just be safe and smart. :) One way you could stay busy is by going on exchanges with the missionaries. I know that I have mentioned it before but some of the coolest experiences I have had on my mission have involved going on exchanges with the youth. Last night I went on exchange with a 16-year-old young man named Sam. This was his first opportunity for a missionary exchange and he said he was nervous but that he felt the spirit very strongly and really enjoyed the evening of teaching investigators. Definitely get in contact with the Elders in your ward and let them know that you want to go on exchanges with them. I wonder if I will even have a face book when I get back? I don’t know exactly how long those things last when you don’t check them. :) Remi, I am glad to hear that you had your first home teaching appointment and that it went so well. I think that it is awesome that you are going to teach the lesson next time! You are growing up so fast! Keep up the great work. Mom, to celebrate the one year mark missionaries do all sorts of things: burn a shirt and tie, go out to eat, have someone send them a “over the hump” missionary camel, etc. I am definitely not going to burn any of the clothes that I bought but what I will do is work really hard and maybe go out to eat or something for lunch or dinner with "Grandpa A." and the other missionaries. Yes, that was me pushing the car for our work out. That is a tough work out. Keep up the hard work looking for the house and for a job, you’re awesome! Dad, I think it is awesome that you are doing so much for the ward there. Thank you for your enthusiasm. Do you have any advice from your experience as a zone leader to help with struggling Elders in our zone? I love you all and hope that your last weeks of summer are fun, productive, and fulfilling.My week went well. Elder Palmer and I had 3 investigators at church on Sunday which is a lot more than we have had lately. And church went really well! The members did a great job fellow-shipping and welcoming Cathy (a mother in her 20’s), Bro. C. (a father in his 20’s), and Tony (a father in his 50’s), the three investigators that we had at church this week. I am starting to get to know a majority of the members and it is helping in our efforts to fellowship investigators. Cathy and Eddie are our investigators that have a lot of potential. We taught them the restoration this week and watched the restoration DVD with them. They really felt the spirit and said that we really made a difference when we came into their home. I am glad that they recognize the spirit when it is present and I know that will help in their searching for the truth. Cathy has family in Puerto Rico that just joined the church and that will have a very positive effect on her and Eddie as they take the lessons and decide for their family (they have two children). Please keep their family in your prayers. :)We will continue to work hard and with faith we will see many more baptisms in our zone during the upcoming weeks.Well, I really hope that you are able to find the right house that you are looking for. I will continue to pray on your behalf. I love you all and hope that you have an awesome week!
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment