MySpace Backgrounds */ /* -- basic html elements -- */ body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: small; color: #6131BD; background: #fff; text-align: center; } a { color: #c4663b; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #ffc2a6; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FD0570; } h1 { margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase; } h1 a, h1 a:link, h1 a:visited { color: #7B8186; } h2, #comments h4 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; color: #7B8186; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h3 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h4, h5 { font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } h5 { color: #7B8186; } h6 { font-size: 0.8em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } p { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0; } img, form { border: 0; margin: 0; } /* -- layout -- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; font: normal normal 110% Arial, sans-serif; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body_left.gif) left top repeat-y; } #header-wrapper { background: #D8DADC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-headerdiv_left.gif) left top repeat-y; position: relative; _height: 0; } .descriptionwrapper { background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-sidebar.gif) 1px 0 no-repeat; width: 264px; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 8px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 0; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; } .description { border: 1px solid #F3B89D; background: #FFD1BC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-profile.gif); padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 7px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -6px; color: #C4663B; font-weight: bold; } #header-inner { background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/header-01_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; _height: 0; } #main-wrapper { line-height: 1.4; float: left; padding: 10px 12px; border-top: solid 1px #fff; width: 428px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */ voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family: inherit; width: 404px; } /* IE5 hack */ #main {} #sidebar { float:right; border-top: solid 1px #fff; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 7px; background: #fff; width: 264px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #footer { clear: both; background: #E9EAEB url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-footer_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; border-top: solid 1px #fff; min-height: 15px; } /* -- header style -- */ #header h1 { padding-top: 12px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 92px; padding-left: 4px; width: 557px; line-height: 1; } /* -- content area style -- */ #main { line-height: 1.4; } .post h3 { font-size: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #C4663B; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited { color: #C4663B; } .post { clear: both; margin-bottom: 4em; } .post-footer .post-author, .post-footer .post-timestamp { color: #B4BABE; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-author, .uncustomized-post-template .post-timestamp { float: left; margin-right: 4px; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-footer .comment-link { float: right; margin-left: 4px; } .post img { border: 1px solid #E3E4E4; padding: 2px; background: #fff; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .comment-footer { margin-bottom: 10px; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ .sidebar .widget { margin-top: 1.3em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } .sidebar dl { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; } .sidebar li { padding-bottom: 5px; line-height: 1 } .main .widget .clear { clear: both; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p { margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em; } .profile-textblock { margin-left: 0; clear: both; } .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; border: 1px solid #7C78B5; padding: 4px; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header-wrapper { margin-top: 0; } body#layout #main-wrapper { padding:0; } -->

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hi my Family! 31 August 2009

Hello Reece, Remi, Dad, and Mom! (Roxy and Truman, too!),
I am glad to hear that you had a busy yet productive week. I am happy to hear that the house is coming along. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.
It was awesome to hear that your trainer had contacted you, Dad, and to see what a far reaching impact missionary work really has! Reece and Remi I pray for you to do well in your classes and I know that you will. Mom, I know that the paper will love you and I pray for you and Dad, too. Thank you for all of your prayers, letters, emails, and support on my behalf. It is so strengthening to know how much you love and care for me and to know that you are there for me.
My week went great! This week Elder Palmer and I attended district meeting in Deland. We are trying to help our districts become enthusiastic about the work and have greater personal faith that investigators will be found and progress. I went on an exchange with Elder Dahle (pronounced "Dolly") and it felt really good to help the work in his area.
This week went well for Deland Zone. We had three confirmations in our ward during Sacrament meeting leaving us with a total of 8 confirmations in August. Deland 3 (our Spanish Elders) also had three more baptisms on Sunday which means that we finished August with 11 baptisms and 8 confirmations. I am proud of our zone and the hard work they put towards reaching our goal of 12 baptisms. Deland Zone is excited for September and we have plans for investigators in many of the areas to be baptized and confirmed.
This week we had a nice dinner with the S. family. Brother S. came on exchanges with us afterwards and we really enjoyed it. He actually looks exactly like the actor Daniel Craig (James Bond) ha-ha. Guess what Remi? We were driving down a country road and we saw a whole family of deer! I tried to take a picture, but it was dark so it didn’t come out very well. We also had a huge dinner of Pork shoulder cooked Puerto Rican style with the A’s on Thursday.
Guess who I saw on Friday? The H. Family whom you met while you were in Kissimmee! I’ll send a picture in either a separate e-mail or just a hard copy in the mail when I am done with this e-mail. I saw them at the temple tour that Elder Palmer and I went to on Friday. [Luckily Scott and I did NOT go to the temple on our Ward Temple Night! LOL We might have run into our missionary!] I also saw Elder Nelson there so I saw three people Friday that you had just met and talked with only a couple of weeks earlier. Cool! For the temple tour we took Kathy (Eddie wasn’t able to make it) and her fellowship family the T's. Kathy said how beautiful it was and she really enjoyed the trip. We showed Eddie the pictures later and he wished he would have come. Both of them and their whole family were at church on Sunday and we are now planning their wedding and baptismal day (September 19th). Thank you for keeping them in your prayers. : ) Last night we taught Mike M. at Brother C’s house. We explained to him that if he didn’t keep his commitments of reading, praying, and coming to church that we could now longer meet with him. We shared with him the parable of the sewer from Matt. 13 and related it to how we need to be the good ground by keeping our commitments so that the seed can take root and produce fruit. I think this will help him to understand the effort it takes to receive a testimony.
Well, it was great to hear from all of you and I hope that you have an awesome week as we start September. I love you and I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong!
Love,
Elder Miller

No comments: