MySpace Backgrounds */ /* -- basic html elements -- */ body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: small; color: #6131BD; background: #fff; text-align: center; } a { color: #c4663b; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #ffc2a6; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FD0570; } h1 { margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase; } h1 a, h1 a:link, h1 a:visited { color: #7B8186; } h2, #comments h4 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; color: #7B8186; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h3 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h4, h5 { font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } h5 { color: #7B8186; } h6 { font-size: 0.8em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } p { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0; } img, form { border: 0; margin: 0; } /* -- layout -- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; font: normal normal 110% Arial, sans-serif; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body_left.gif) left top repeat-y; } #header-wrapper { background: #D8DADC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-headerdiv_left.gif) left top repeat-y; position: relative; _height: 0; } .descriptionwrapper { background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-sidebar.gif) 1px 0 no-repeat; width: 264px; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 8px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 0; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; } .description { border: 1px solid #F3B89D; background: #FFD1BC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-profile.gif); padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 7px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -6px; color: #C4663B; font-weight: bold; } #header-inner { background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/header-01_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; _height: 0; } #main-wrapper { line-height: 1.4; float: left; padding: 10px 12px; border-top: solid 1px #fff; width: 428px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */ voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family: inherit; width: 404px; } /* IE5 hack */ #main {} #sidebar { float:right; border-top: solid 1px #fff; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 7px; background: #fff; width: 264px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #footer { clear: both; background: #E9EAEB url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-footer_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; border-top: solid 1px #fff; min-height: 15px; } /* -- header style -- */ #header h1 { padding-top: 12px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 92px; padding-left: 4px; width: 557px; line-height: 1; } /* -- content area style -- */ #main { line-height: 1.4; } .post h3 { font-size: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #C4663B; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited { color: #C4663B; } .post { clear: both; margin-bottom: 4em; } .post-footer .post-author, .post-footer .post-timestamp { color: #B4BABE; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-author, .uncustomized-post-template .post-timestamp { float: left; margin-right: 4px; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-footer .comment-link { float: right; margin-left: 4px; } .post img { border: 1px solid #E3E4E4; padding: 2px; background: #fff; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .comment-footer { margin-bottom: 10px; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ .sidebar .widget { margin-top: 1.3em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } .sidebar dl { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; } .sidebar li { padding-bottom: 5px; line-height: 1 } .main .widget .clear { clear: both; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p { margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em; } .profile-textblock { margin-left: 0; clear: both; } .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; border: 1px solid #7C78B5; padding: 4px; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header-wrapper { margin-top: 0; } body#layout #main-wrapper { padding:0; } -->

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Greetings from a sick Elder 11-10-08

Hi Family,
Man, right after the S.'s house on Saturday and after we finished washing their cars (service is a great missionary opportunity!) I got really ill. I caught some sort of 24 hour flu and am still recovering from it. It was really bad Saturday night and into Sunday morning, but I'm doing a little better now, thank goodness. Now I just have to recover so I can give my 100% to the work.
Brother S. is such a character. He has been saying he was going to call you guys for a long time but he kept on loosing your number. So Saturday he told me to just give him your number and that he would call you right there and then. And he really did, ha ha. I was outside washing the car but he told me to wave at the phone so I did. It is really weird to think that in a little over a month I get to make my first mission phone call home. Wow, that's not that far away is it?
Well, happy birthday, Remi! I know I told you in my letter with the present, but I'm so excited for you for receiving the priesthood. And I'm glad you and Reece had fun birthdays. How was the Spongebob cake? What did you do for your b-day? I'm glad you like the hat! So will you pass the Sacrament this coming Sunday then? That's really exciting, Remi; I'm really proud of you. : ) Keep up the good work!
Well, I'm going to go ahead and send this and then sign back on for the rest of my time. I will email again in a bit...
Hello again!
Well, I'm back on.
Reece, I'm glad you liked the shirt! It sounds like you had a good time with your friends. So how does it feel to be 17? I can't believe that when I get home you will be 18 going on 19 getting ready for your mission! I have almost been out for 4 months now. things seem to get faster the longer you have been out. I look forward to talking to you at Christmastime! So any snowboarding plans yet? Let me know how everything is going. : )
Dad, I know your birthday is coming up soon! (this Sunday) I hope you enjoyed the present I sent you. I thought about getting you gator stuff too but I thought you might enjoy this a bit more. : ) So are you turning xx or xx? I think it's xx [parental censorship!], but I know you'd rather me think of you turning 35, so I will just think of it that way. : ) I'm glad you enjoyed the S.'s phone call, they are a great family!
Mom, I'm glad you enjoyed the phone call from the S.'s. They said they enjoyed talking to you and that they would love to stay in touch with you guys. I hope you enjoyed the pictures that I sent and the little mementos that I sent too. It will be fun to look back on all the memories after my mission. So have you heard about Andy or Josh or Justin lately? I need to write Andy and Josh. hopefully I will get it done today. And Justin I wrote about 3 weeks ago so hopefully he writes back soon. : )
Well, my week was another week of missionary work. It went well overall just towards the tail end of it I got sick. But I am feeling better and will hopefully continue to recover! Right now our progressing investigators remain the McI. family (who came to church on Sunday, but I wasn't there cause I was sick. But Elder Holland was there) and Kayla M. who now has a baptismal date set for the 23rd. She is really excited for her baptism and hopefully we will get a date set with the McI. family as well. : )
Sometime in the next couple of weeks I will be sending another picture CD. Oh and on Monday I will get my new companion. I don't know who yet, but I look forward to meeting him. I will miss Elder Holland, but he has served for over two years now and needs to get a start on his Air Force career. He will do well I'm sure.
Well, I love you all and look forward to telling you the new news next week. I love you hearing from you and hope your week goes well. I love you guys. keep the faith!
Love,
Elder Miller

1 comment:

Patricia Peterson said...

The parental censorship cracks me up, like we couldn't guess. 19 year old son on mission, served a mission himself.....didn't get married within the first 6 months of arriving home....served a full 24 month mission, before the 18 month option....so my guess is 46.