Hi Family!It is so good to hear from you! I can't believe another week is past and gone.So that package I promised you will arrive on Wednesday of Thursday. (finally) It took me a few p-days to put it together. : ) It is chalk full of mementos and pictures (and a letter) so I hope you enjoy it!!Remi: I love you buddy. it is so good to hear that you put up our Christmas lights! I knew I could count on you. I put up Brother and Sister G's lights on Friday. They are an elderly couple in our ward and are so sweet. We gave Brother G a blessing when my companion got here and in the blessing he was told that Heavenly Father is awaiting to receive him, so we know he doesn't have much time left. He reminds me of Grandpa with his fun personality and sense of humor. He can no longer take chemo for his cancer, but he is in good spirits. It was fun putting up the lights!Reece: Definitely California oranges are better, but Florida are really good for juice. : ) How are you doing bro? I miss you every time I think about all the fun stuff we have done together. : ) In the package that is arriving this week for you guys there are pictures taken inside and outside my apartment so you can see my living quarters. : ) Keep working on the Eagle paper work and finish soon, OK? I know you can do it, and I have faith in you that you will finish soon. Keep up the good work! Love you.Dad: That's awesome that you had the elders over. It makes me feel really good to know that my family is one of the families that takes care of the missionaries! (like the S's here) : ) I will do my best to serve the Lord, Dad, and I truly appreciate all the advice you share with me. You are definitely not too full of advice or preachy. I enjoy you insights and knowledge that you share with me. :) I'm praying for your interviews and i wish you luck! Love you.Mom: The pistachio pudding was a big hit at our Thanksgiving dinner with the S's (even with the chef!). Thanks for sending that, it really made me feel at home. I'm so happy that you are taking care of the missionaries there. Tell them I said hi! And tell everyone I know in the ward and our family and friends that I said hi and that things are going well! I love you mom and wish you the best in your efforts at work as well as with our family!A little about my week: We have a new investigator family, a Haitian family who is really receptive. The McI family is still progressing. We extended the baptismal commitment last night and they said they weren't sure if they were ready yet, but that they would pray and fast about it. (Good answer : ) ) Kayla can't get baptised because her mom read anti stuff and now won't let her, but I think she will still come to church. A good friend of mine from our ward (AJ, 18yrs old) is in the hospital due to a car crash with a drunk driver. His wife died at the crash and his sister-in-law and he are in critical condition. Please keep the families in your prayers. This week went well other than that. I made an LDS version of "Green Eggs and Ham" and it is a really good missionary tool. We read it to the S family last night and encouraged them to be persistent with their missionary work.Well, I'll write a little more in my letter but everything is going well.I love you all and you are all in my prayers. I miss you and look forward to talking to you soon.Love, Ryan
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment