MySpace Backgrounds */ /* -- basic html elements -- */ body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: small; color: #6131BD; background: #fff; text-align: center; } a { color: #c4663b; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #ffc2a6; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FD0570; } h1 { margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase; } h1 a, h1 a:link, h1 a:visited { color: #7B8186; } h2, #comments h4 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; color: #7B8186; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h3 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h4, h5 { font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } h5 { color: #7B8186; } h6 { font-size: 0.8em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } p { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0; } img, form { border: 0; margin: 0; } /* -- layout -- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; font: normal normal 110% Arial, sans-serif; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body_left.gif) left top repeat-y; } #header-wrapper { background: #D8DADC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-headerdiv_left.gif) left top repeat-y; position: relative; _height: 0; } .descriptionwrapper { background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-sidebar.gif) 1px 0 no-repeat; width: 264px; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 8px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 0; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; } .description { border: 1px solid #F3B89D; background: #FFD1BC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-profile.gif); padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 7px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -6px; color: #C4663B; font-weight: bold; } #header-inner { background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/header-01_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; _height: 0; } #main-wrapper { line-height: 1.4; float: left; padding: 10px 12px; border-top: solid 1px #fff; width: 428px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */ voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family: inherit; width: 404px; } /* IE5 hack */ #main {} #sidebar { float:right; border-top: solid 1px #fff; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 7px; background: #fff; width: 264px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #footer { clear: both; background: #E9EAEB url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-footer_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; border-top: solid 1px #fff; min-height: 15px; } /* -- header style -- */ #header h1 { padding-top: 12px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 92px; padding-left: 4px; width: 557px; line-height: 1; } /* -- content area style -- */ #main { line-height: 1.4; } .post h3 { font-size: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #C4663B; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited { color: #C4663B; } .post { clear: both; margin-bottom: 4em; } .post-footer .post-author, .post-footer .post-timestamp { color: #B4BABE; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-author, .uncustomized-post-template .post-timestamp { float: left; margin-right: 4px; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-footer .comment-link { float: right; margin-left: 4px; } .post img { border: 1px solid #E3E4E4; padding: 2px; background: #fff; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .comment-footer { margin-bottom: 10px; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ .sidebar .widget { margin-top: 1.3em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } .sidebar dl { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; } .sidebar li { padding-bottom: 5px; line-height: 1 } .main .widget .clear { clear: both; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p { margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em; } .profile-textblock { margin-left: 0; clear: both; } .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; border: 1px solid #7C78B5; padding: 4px; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header-wrapper { margin-top: 0; } body#layout #main-wrapper { padding:0; } -->

Monday, February 9, 2009

Hello My Family! 2 February 2009

Hello my family!
It was so good to hear that all is going well for you!
Dad, I'm glad to hear that you've been doing some teaching. That's great! I know you are a good teacher from those years of having you as my teacher's quorum adviser.
Mom, I'm glad to hear that you are so far along in your novel. It takes a lot of discipline I'm sure and I know you'll do a great job with it. When all is said and done what are your plans for the novel. Will you get it published? [Oh, that it were so easy! Ha!] I will keep you in my prayers for your other jobs and projects as well.
Remi, I am so glad you're getting so much accomplished in Scouting! Keep working hard and you will join the Eagle nest as the fourth and final Eagle of our family! : )
Reece, it's awesome to hear about your first job. I remember working at Hollister for the first time thinking "I'm glad to gain this kind of experience, but I wouldn't want to do this for the rest of my life." : ) That sounds like an awesome job for you and anyone in high school. I'm glad they chose you cause I know you'll do a great job. I'm also glad you had a safe snowboarding adventure. Reece, I am so glad to be serving a mission. The things I have experienced so far have changed my life and solidified my testimony. I will write you a letter soon of some of the experiences I have had.
Love you all!
My week has been eventful so I will try to write it all. But first: did you get my package?? I sent it last Monday (earlier than I thought I would be able to) so I hope you got it. : )
Thank you so much for the testimonies and copies of the Book of Mormon you sent at Christmas. I just found out that each of you wrote your testimonies in them! I was sitting in my early morning church meeting yesterday and I had brought one of the copies of the books that you sent me so I could read in the morning before my meeting started. As I was opening to where I wanted to read someones hand writing caught my attention that wasn't Nephi's or Mormon's. It was the handwriting of my very own brother, Reece. : ) It brought tears to my eyes to read your testimony Reece, and I am so grateful that you all sent those. As you continue to do what the Lord asks of you and diligently read the Book of Mormon on your own time you will continue to strengthen the testimony you do have. Pray about what you read and give the spirit time in your life to testify of the truthfulness of it. I promise you from personal experience that as you do this you will feel the divine power of the holy ghost witness to your heart that it is true. I will be giving those copies of the Book of Mormon out to special individuals that I meet along the way and I will let each of you know which one your testimony went to and how it turned out. Thanks for your missionary work!
The S's hi! They were asking about you. We had dinner with them this week and also gave David a blessing. I'm sure he will get better. David says, "Hi, Remi." : )
Cesar's baptismal date will have to be moved back because he hasn't made it to church lately. I pray that as we work with him he will be able to keep his commitments and enter into the waters of baptism.
Well, I am going to e-mail you some more if I can at the chapel in Leesburg during zone p-day today.
Love you,
Elder Miller

Well, I got the chance right now so I will do it. : ) I still have 15 minutes to e-mail. : )
We have been teaching a few Spanish people and it is going well. On Tuesday we had a visit from the assistant to the president. they were in the area for a visit to the zone leaders and brought with them the zone leaders, too. We went on an exchange with Elder Kelly and he stayed in our area for the day. It went really well and we learned a lot from him. This is his last transfer being an AP because he is going home soon so president is transferring him to his final area.
We did some service for Brother Flower, a recent convert of about a year ago. We helped him put some boxes in the attic and then taught him about missionary work. I think he will make a great missionary in his neighborhood. We then tracted his area and talked to a few interesting characters. One of them was Nick from England and he came to the door with a beer in his hand. We ended up teaching him at the door about the restoration and the plan of salvation. He was very curious about the message we shared so we gave him a pamphlet that we committed him to read and we hopefully will see him soon.
Another interesting experience we had tracting was talking to Chris and his mom. He was smoking and met us in his driveway. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and the Joseph Smith experience and they were actually in agreement that it could happen. So we gave them a copy of the book of Mormon and committed them to read 3rd Nephi 11. On Tuesday evening I wen with Brother Bs to teach two nine yr. old twins, Anna and Brianna K. Their whole family was there and we had a good lesson about the Restoration. We gave Brianna a blessing too because she was having some health problems. I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting, especially because it might be my last fast Sunday there, who knows. :0
The month of January we doubled member exchanges from 18 to 31! and we also tripled member referrals from 2 to 7. There was a lot of progress made in the month of January and and I look forward to February! On Sunday I am singing with the ward choir for ward conference.
You are all in my prayers and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Let me know when you get my package. Love you!
Love,
Elder Miller

No comments: