MySpace Backgrounds */ /* -- basic html elements -- */ body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: small; color: #6131BD; background: #fff; text-align: center; } a { color: #c4663b; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #ffc2a6; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FD0570; } h1 { margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase; } h1 a, h1 a:link, h1 a:visited { color: #7B8186; } h2, #comments h4 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; color: #7B8186; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h3 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h4, h5 { font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } h5 { color: #7B8186; } h6 { font-size: 0.8em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } p { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0; } img, form { border: 0; margin: 0; } /* -- layout -- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; font: normal normal 110% Arial, sans-serif; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body_left.gif) left top repeat-y; } #header-wrapper { background: #D8DADC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-headerdiv_left.gif) left top repeat-y; position: relative; _height: 0; } .descriptionwrapper { background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-sidebar.gif) 1px 0 no-repeat; width: 264px; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 8px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 0; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; } .description { border: 1px solid #F3B89D; background: #FFD1BC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-profile.gif); padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 7px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -6px; color: #C4663B; font-weight: bold; } #header-inner { background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/header-01_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; _height: 0; } #main-wrapper { line-height: 1.4; float: left; padding: 10px 12px; border-top: solid 1px #fff; width: 428px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */ voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family: inherit; width: 404px; } /* IE5 hack */ #main {} #sidebar { float:right; border-top: solid 1px #fff; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 7px; background: #fff; width: 264px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #footer { clear: both; background: #E9EAEB url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-footer_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; border-top: solid 1px #fff; min-height: 15px; } /* -- header style -- */ #header h1 { padding-top: 12px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 92px; padding-left: 4px; width: 557px; line-height: 1; } /* -- content area style -- */ #main { line-height: 1.4; } .post h3 { font-size: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #C4663B; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited { color: #C4663B; } .post { clear: both; margin-bottom: 4em; } .post-footer .post-author, .post-footer .post-timestamp { color: #B4BABE; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-author, .uncustomized-post-template .post-timestamp { float: left; margin-right: 4px; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-footer .comment-link { float: right; margin-left: 4px; } .post img { border: 1px solid #E3E4E4; padding: 2px; background: #fff; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .comment-footer { margin-bottom: 10px; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ .sidebar .widget { margin-top: 1.3em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } .sidebar dl { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; } .sidebar li { padding-bottom: 5px; line-height: 1 } .main .widget .clear { clear: both; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p { margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em; } .profile-textblock { margin-left: 0; clear: both; } .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; border: 1px solid #7C78B5; padding: 4px; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header-wrapper { margin-top: 0; } body#layout #main-wrapper { padding:0; } -->

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hello from your new home! 9 March 2009

Hello everyone!
Well it's great to hear that you are moving to Florida. Congratulations on everything Dad! I'm glad the Lord is preparing the way for our family. I have to say it will be funny living a 40 min drive from our home, but like I said it doesn't affect my work in a negative manner at all. : ) I am happy for you that you have found a great offer. By the way, I have been surveying random members who know anything about Lakeland and I have been doing some research for you. I asked the member I talked to in Canoe Creek Ward to e-mail you some things he knows about Lakeland and their school systems. He has been a teacher for many years and highly recommended one high school in Lakeland. I can't think of the name but if I heard it I would remember and he should be sending you that info along with some other things.
That's great to hear from Elder Lopez, [Our ward's first of nine missionaries just returned home!] I’m glad he returned home safely. I sure hope I get to visit my home ward after my mission. : ) Tell Marvin I said hi and that I really appreciated his letter. Tell him I’m sorry I didn't have time to write him before he left his mission, but that if I get his address I can send him a letter still. Or I could just send it to you guys and you could give it to him.
So let me tell you about my week. First of all I’m sorry that I couldn't get my letter that I promised you out earlier but I officially sent it out this morning at the post office inside a package that I made for you guys. It will arrive to you in three days. It is a Birthday/Anniversary/St.Patricks day package! That’s why it took me longer that I thought it would because there is a lot of stuff in that package! There is a picture CD with 100 pictures on it, cards, other pictures, a letter, and stuff I am sending home to save. I hope you enjoy it!
The work here is going great! and my ward is really awesome! We've had three investigators at church lately (which is really good): Harvey, Larry, and Eugene. They are all really positive and progressing. We've had a lot of help from the ward with sometimes 7 exchanges a week! especially a lot of help from Allan S., Tanner B., and Michael R., the three guys from the ward preparing to leave on their missions. Allan is going to California Roseville Mission! Michael R. is the son of the sister I said you would make great friends with Mom. : ) To thank these guys for helping us out so much we got them unlimited access to our new racquetball court at our apartments. It is really nice and we are going to play a few games with them at 4:00 today. I really love the ward!
Guess where I went on Monday?? GATORLAND!! I had a blast with Elder Urry, Sister P, Erica P. (her daughter) and Erica's boyfriend, Omar. The P's were very kind to not only get us in for free, but also for paying for us to do everything once we got inside. And guess what ?? I wrestled a real, live 'Gator! It was a way fun day because I got to see, smell, touch, hear, and taste my first Gator for the first time! I sent you a ton of pictures and told you all about it in the package.
I have officially (as of last week) given out all your copies that you gave me of the Book of Mormon. Mom yours was the last one to go and I gave it to a guy my age named John. I told you all about it in my letter that I sent. Thank you everyone on really helping the missionary work progress here!

[I was surprised to tears this week to get an e-mail from my friend who lives in St. Cloud. I haven't seen her since her baptism years ago in Illinois, where we are both from. But we have kept in touch and I SO hoped that our Elder would meet here someday! Anyway, I got an e-mail from Norma that said, "Guess who I met today?" I opened it, and sure enough, there was a photo of my friend standing beside my Elder!]
To answer your question, Mom, here's how I got to meet Sister S:
Just to let you know Elder Bellamy serves in my area (Kissimmee) as a Spanish elder and District Leader over the Spanish work in the area. And your friend Norma lives in MY District Leader's area. Elder O’Brien in Canoe Creek Ward (covers part of St. Cloud). Elder O'Brien's companion is my MTC companion Elder Smith (remember him? : ) We went on an exchange together on Wednesday and on our exchange we went by and saw Sister S. The way you described things in your letter I thought Norma had just taken the discussions once, but I learned that she is a very active member in the Canoe Creek Ward. : ) She is really nice and it was a cool experience to show up on the doorstep of your friend as your son. It has been over twenty years since you last saw each other? And I was with my MTC companion! She even randomly took a video us me and Elder Smith when we went by Thursday morning to say good-bye. I think she is sending it to you soon. She also showed me pictures of you mom at her baptism and also pics with an old boyfriend of yours. Glad you chose Dad and not the mustache guy! [Me, too! LOL]
Larry came to church for the first time on Sunday and I think he enjoyed it. He said he didn't agree with everything that was taught but neither do most investigators. He enjoyed it and we will meet with him this week and go to his church on Saturday. We have also made a lot of progress with a part-member, inactive family in the ward and we are going to be teaching the non-member father and the 8-year-old daughter the lessons and doing service for them. Their name is the K. family.
Well I love you and hope to hear from you soon!
Love,
Elder Miller

No comments: