It sounds like things are you going well for you in Lakeland. It's good to hear about the house coming a long! And I am glad to hear about the missionary fireside! I hope that having "two wards" means more letters. :)
Well, let me tell you about my week before I answer your questions. This week. Elder Hansen and I set 5 new baptismal dates with our investigators, all the dates for October. Eddie and Kathy successfully had their wedding and the whole experience went really well! The decorations were beautiful (done by us and some of the sisters in the ward at the chapel) and I had fun making them a wedding gift (I framed a copy of "The Family a Proclamation to the World" in Spanish.) The whole wedding (the first one I have ever been to) and reception were awesome and their were a lot of non-members there from their family, so it was a great missionary opportunity. Eddie and Kathy and her mom came to Stake Conference on Sunday and really enjoyed that as well. They are still getting baptized on Saturday and I will let you know how that goes.
This week the other elders and I went "apartment shopping" and picked out a really nice yet inexpensive apartment in a brand new complex. If the economy was doing a little better they probably would be a lot more expensive, but we got a great deal. Going from our current living situation to the new apartment will be like night and day. I took a panoramic picture of our current apartment (with my camera that still works great) so you can compare the two.
Today we were going to have a zone P-day at the beach, but it got rained out so we had to go to the church instead and watch movies and play basketball.
To answer your questions: Reece- Yes, I did get an email from Tracy, it's sad that so many people fall into that same category today of getting pregnant before marriage. We teach lots of people in that same situation. It makes me glad to hear that you feel I am an "awesome missionary." :) Thank you. And I know that you will be an awesome missionary, too! Time is definitely flying by and it is only getting faster. I love you and hope that you have a great week. :)
Remi- I hope you enjoyed your homemade cookies! I know that as you work hard you can definitely reach your goals and sell all those chocolates and wrapping paper. This week was stake conference, so we didn't have sacrament, but it went very well! Eddie and Kathy loved it! Bishop P. even let them borrow his vehicle so that they could come since theirs was having troubles. I love you and hope you have a great week!
Dad- Thank you for your advice, it is always helpful. We are still doing our best to help our zone be unified in challenging and testifying. I'll tell my comp you said hi. I love you and wish you the best with the house!
Mom- It was nice to hear about the fireside, thank you for sharing that. :) I haven't heard from either ward yet but hopefully I will hear from them soon. :) I am not sure of any recent news with Kim but she has a blog, did her mom give the website to you? I love you and hope you have and awesome week and do great with the house!Thank you for your emails. I hope you have an awesome week and I hope to hear from you again soon!Love,Elder Miller
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment