Hi Family,Thank you all for you kind email! I never get tired of hearing how you are all doing and love to hear how everything is progressing for you in Lakeland. I'm glad to hear that the house is coming along and I have been praying for you to receive divine help in accomplishing that great task. You mentioned hard wood floors. Do you mean laminate or actual hard wood? I was told that hard wood flooring is difficult to maintain here in Florida due to the humidity warping the wood. All this work you are doing on the new house reminds me of remodeling our old house together. Good times. :) We had a lot of memories in that home but I am sure we will make many in our new home as well. When is your estimated move in date?[October 17]My week went really well. I finished a package that I made for you last week and it goes in the mail today so it should arrive there soon. It has pictures, a letter, and lots of things from my stay here in Daytona so far. Mom, Please be careful which pictures you choose to put on the internet considering that these pictures are from my companion's camera and I look silly in many of them. :) Thanks. And thank you for sending the letters and stuff. Both are very much appreciated and I hope to get them this week. :)My new companion is the Elder Hansen you were asking about, Mom, and he is a very good missionary! He is tall and skinny, has red hair, is from Iowa, and is a musician as well. I find it easy to get along with him especially since he is a musician, too. (Reece, Thank you for your complement about my sax playing. :) To answer your question, I am definitely still going into music after my mission because I love it so much and still haven't reached my goal of where I want to be musically yet. :) Elder Hansen has inspired me to challenge everyone for baptism as you will find out more about in my package letter. Remi, we actually have taught a lot of new people lately. In fact, we set a new baptismal date this week with Jessica, but her husband is not interested as of yet. Her date is for October, 10th. Our zone focus for the transfer is Challenging and Testifying. Our missionaries are struggling to challenge people for baptism each day. Dad, what are some things you did as a zone leader to help your missionaries challenge their investigators for baptism and set dates? By the way, if you really want to get in touch with Elder Bobo again try face book or other internet sites like it. I hear about people finding long lost friends on face book all the time so it's worth a shot. :) Working out is going well. We just bought a lot of healthy food and protein at Sam's club today so we can continue our work out routine. Tell Mike R. that I said hi and congratulations on his mission call! That's awesome you get to go to his endowment session. Say hello to everyone for me. :) I really enjoy being a missionary! Every day this week I have felt the Lord lead us to his chosen and elect children and it brings me so much joy to invite them to be baptized and enter into that promise with Heavenly Father. Eddie and Kathy's marriage is this weekend. Please keep them in your prayers as they get closer and closer to that special day, as I know the adversary will try to stop them but will not succeed. I love you all. Thank you for your help and support. Stay strong!Love,Elder Miller
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment