MySpace Backgrounds */ /* -- basic html elements -- */ body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: small; color: #6131BD; background: #fff; text-align: center; } a { color: #c4663b; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #ffc2a6; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FD0570; } h1 { margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase; } h1 a, h1 a:link, h1 a:visited { color: #7B8186; } h2, #comments h4 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; color: #7B8186; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h3 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h4, h5 { font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } h5 { color: #7B8186; } h6 { font-size: 0.8em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } p { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0; } img, form { border: 0; margin: 0; } /* -- layout -- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; font: normal normal 110% Arial, sans-serif; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body_left.gif) left top repeat-y; } #header-wrapper { background: #D8DADC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-headerdiv_left.gif) left top repeat-y; position: relative; _height: 0; } .descriptionwrapper { background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-sidebar.gif) 1px 0 no-repeat; width: 264px; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 8px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 0; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; } .description { border: 1px solid #F3B89D; background: #FFD1BC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-profile.gif); padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 7px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -6px; color: #C4663B; font-weight: bold; } #header-inner { background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/header-01_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; _height: 0; } #main-wrapper { line-height: 1.4; float: left; padding: 10px 12px; border-top: solid 1px #fff; width: 428px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */ voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family: inherit; width: 404px; } /* IE5 hack */ #main {} #sidebar { float:right; border-top: solid 1px #fff; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 7px; background: #fff; width: 264px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #footer { clear: both; background: #E9EAEB url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-footer_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; border-top: solid 1px #fff; min-height: 15px; } /* -- header style -- */ #header h1 { padding-top: 12px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 92px; padding-left: 4px; width: 557px; line-height: 1; } /* -- content area style -- */ #main { line-height: 1.4; } .post h3 { font-size: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #C4663B; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited { color: #C4663B; } .post { clear: both; margin-bottom: 4em; } .post-footer .post-author, .post-footer .post-timestamp { color: #B4BABE; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-author, .uncustomized-post-template .post-timestamp { float: left; margin-right: 4px; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-footer .comment-link { float: right; margin-left: 4px; } .post img { border: 1px solid #E3E4E4; padding: 2px; background: #fff; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .comment-footer { margin-bottom: 10px; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ .sidebar .widget { margin-top: 1.3em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } .sidebar dl { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; } .sidebar li { padding-bottom: 5px; line-height: 1 } .main .widget .clear { clear: both; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p { margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em; } .profile-textblock { margin-left: 0; clear: both; } .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; border: 1px solid #7C78B5; padding: 4px; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header-wrapper { margin-top: 0; } body#layout #main-wrapper { padding:0; } -->

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas is coming... December 14, 2009

Hello Family!

Thank you for your email as always. Can you believe how warm it has been? It's like an extended summer! haha.

Right now it's going really well for the Cocoa Beach Zone: we have 1 confirmation so far in December but 3 coming up this weekend with more to follow. Elder Henz and I are setting a date with a recent convert's sister (Jennifer) tonight at their home. Jennifer is in her late 20's and she is responding to what we teach her really well. We look forward to meeting with her tonight!

This definitely is a great time of year in which we remember our savior Jesus Christ's birth and life. Although Elder Henz and I are very excited for this time of year to share the gospel as missionaries, many of the people we talk to are taking a "vacation" from spiritual things and just want to "relax." This is obviously what the adversary would want them to do because they are B-U-S-Y (Being Under Satan's Yoke), but we are doing our best to help God's children find their way back through our savior Jesus Christ. I went on exchange with the Palm Bay Elders (Elder Hyer) this past week and tried to share the same excitement that we are feeling in our own area.

I am glad you got my letter and pictures! You should be getting other things in the mail soon, too! And yes, we actually did knock on that "no Mormons door" [Elder Ryan sent a photo of a door stenciled with "No Soliciting, No Mormons, No Special Offers, No Door to Door," and a big "Beware of Dog" sign on it!] and talked with the guy. He was actually fairly nice but didn't believe our true doctrine. Hopefully he'll change his mind some day, but for now in made a great picture. :)

My Christmas plans are going Christmas caroling and eating dinner with the Bishop C's family and other families who will be there on Christmas eve. Then on Christmas we will go to the Z's (another awesome family in the ward) for dinner and of course during the day I will be calling you!! I will be thinking about things to talk about with each of you (including Dad's questions from your email) and I look forward to our conversations. I'll call in the afternoon so you will be awake when I call this time. :) Does that sound good?

Reece, I have been praying for you to have help with the ACT's and other tests and I know you will do great! Anything for Christmas will be great my brother. I told mom some things in my last e-mail, but some of my favorite things now are things that would remind me of memories our family has made together!

Remi, things are going great!! Today I did some fun Christmas shopping for my favorite family. :) (you guys) I am excited for you to have your Christmas break and although we can't spend it together I hope you have fun with the family! Love you!

Mom, I know what you mean about the weather! It's been a hot summer/winter! It's crazy that you are now closer to the temple than me and you are having practically the same weather. On the bright side at least we didn't get hit with that blizzard that has swept half the country, right? I will definitely pray for you with your job opportunities coming up this week. I love you!

Dad, I appreciate your love and concern. :) The fire place is looking fantastic! You're quite the carpenter. There is a picture in our new chapel (the Viera chapel) of Jesus and Joseph doing their carpentry. It made me think about what a great father Joseph must have been to raise the Son of God!

Hey, I have a question for anyone who knows: When do I need to contact BYU-Idaho about class registration and everything for the fall semester? Please let me know, especially if it is soon. thanks

I am going to put together a gift basket for a less fortunate family that lives in our area and I am really excited for that! Remember when we did that as a family for a less-fortunate family many Christmases ago? Those are great memories.

I look forward to making some great Christmas season memories this year while sharing the gospel with the people here in Viera area. I wish you all the best in your Christmas endeavors and I hope to hear about the traditions that our family continues to have throughout the years. On that note I remembered that a few days ago Elder Henz and I were driving back from an appointment at night and I spotted one of those houses with the music and light show. Elder Henz had never seen such a display so in honor of our family tradition I showed him the light show with music and thought about you guys driving around to look at the Christmas lights. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy week!

Love,

Elder Miller

No comments: