MySpace Backgrounds */ /* -- basic html elements -- */ body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: small; color: #6131BD; background: #fff; text-align: center; } a { color: #c4663b; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #ffc2a6; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FD0570; } h1 { margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase; } h1 a, h1 a:link, h1 a:visited { color: #7B8186; } h2, #comments h4 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; color: #7B8186; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h3 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h4, h5 { font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } h5 { color: #7B8186; } h6 { font-size: 0.8em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } p { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0; } img, form { border: 0; margin: 0; } /* -- layout -- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; font: normal normal 110% Arial, sans-serif; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body_left.gif) left top repeat-y; } #header-wrapper { background: #D8DADC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-headerdiv_left.gif) left top repeat-y; position: relative; _height: 0; } .descriptionwrapper { background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-sidebar.gif) 1px 0 no-repeat; width: 264px; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 8px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 0; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; } .description { border: 1px solid #F3B89D; background: #FFD1BC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-profile.gif); padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 7px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -6px; color: #C4663B; font-weight: bold; } #header-inner { background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/header-01_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; _height: 0; } #main-wrapper { line-height: 1.4; float: left; padding: 10px 12px; border-top: solid 1px #fff; width: 428px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */ voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family: inherit; width: 404px; } /* IE5 hack */ #main {} #sidebar { float:right; border-top: solid 1px #fff; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 7px; background: #fff; width: 264px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #footer { clear: both; background: #E9EAEB url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-footer_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; border-top: solid 1px #fff; min-height: 15px; } /* -- header style -- */ #header h1 { padding-top: 12px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 92px; padding-left: 4px; width: 557px; line-height: 1; } /* -- content area style -- */ #main { line-height: 1.4; } .post h3 { font-size: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #C4663B; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited { color: #C4663B; } .post { clear: both; margin-bottom: 4em; } .post-footer .post-author, .post-footer .post-timestamp { color: #B4BABE; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-author, .uncustomized-post-template .post-timestamp { float: left; margin-right: 4px; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-footer .comment-link { float: right; margin-left: 4px; } .post img { border: 1px solid #E3E4E4; padding: 2px; background: #fff; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .comment-footer { margin-bottom: 10px; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ .sidebar .widget { margin-top: 1.3em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } .sidebar dl { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; } .sidebar li { padding-bottom: 5px; line-height: 1 } .main .widget .clear { clear: both; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p { margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em; } .profile-textblock { margin-left: 0; clear: both; } .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; border: 1px solid #7C78B5; padding: 4px; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header-wrapper { margin-top: 0; } body#layout #main-wrapper { padding:0; } -->

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas from Viera! December 21, 2009



Hello Family!

I hope you have a great week ahead of you and that everything is going well in Lakeland! Guess who I got an email from... Jeff! I shared with him some mission experiences in my reply.

Your package should arrive there today so keep an eye out for it. I hope you enjoy it and I will look for yours as well.

So how is everything?

I am doing great. I am excited for our zone because we are getting closer to our goal of 10 baptisms for December and Elder Henz and I are having three baptisms this weekend (the day after Christmas!)

The family getting baptized is the H. family and the three children are the ones preparing for baptism right now. There names are Takiya (13), Eshawn (10), and Enijae (8). Their uncle, Brother N., is a recent convert and he is going to be the one baptizing them! What a neat experience! Hopefully the kids' mom, Leshawn, will decide to get baptized soon as well.

Elder Henz is doing great, too. He has been given a lot of money and gifts lately since his family can't send anything in the mail and he is really happy.

Our mission is doing awesome. We recently set goals together with the other zone leaders, the assistants, and President Darrington for the New Year! We call our plans the Lord's Battle Plan 2010! I am excited for these goals especially striving for 100 baptisms every month next year!

It was nice to hear about the returned missionary sharing his experiences with the youth. I look forward to doing that as well when I finish here.

So I am planning to call round about noon if that is ok with you. That way if you get up about 7 or 8 and open gifts/eat breakfast by the time you are done I will be calling.

It is suggested that we do a conference call (everyone at once) to utilize the 40 minutes we have to talk but I would like to talk to each of you individually for at least just a little bit. I look forward to talking with you on Friday!

Mom, I will definitely continue fervently praying for you to get that Library position. [Yea, it worked!] I wish you the best and want you to know that I have prayed everyday for the Lord to help you with this opportunity. I know the Lord will do the best thing for our family.

Remi, I'm sorry to hear about your pinky finger! I hope it heals quickly so you can open gifts on Friday. For Christmas dinner I will be going to the F's with the Z's there as well. (President F. is the counselor in the stake presidency who let me borrow his saxophone.) we will also be visiting many other families like the S's, the McA's, and Brother B. Many members have asked me to play some Christmas music on the sax for them when I come over so that will be fun. I look forward to Christmas and I will let you know how it goes!

Dad, I look forward to getting your letter and I will be considering your questions. Here are some questions for you and our family to think about that I will ask in our conversation: What has been the biggest (possibly unexpected) blessing for you about the Lord having you move to Lakeland, Florida? (as a side note with that question I was just thinking about the comparison between your journey across the united states and the journey that Lehi and his family took across the wilderness and the blessings they received for following the Lord's commandments.) Also, What is the best thing that has happened to you in the year 2009? Dad, I appreciate your comments about honesty and I will do my best to be honest to myself and the Lord.

Reece, I hope you enjoy what I got you for Christmas as well. I sent notes about each of the gifts I gave to you because I am not there to explain it to you. What did you mean by "BYUI (improved)"? did you mean your friend had improved or the school (most likely both, huh?). [Reece just says that BYU-I stands for BYU-improved! LOL] I hope you have a great Christmas and enjoy the time you have with the family!

Just a few more comments about my week...
Our Sacrament meeting Christmas program went really well. I enjoyed the musical numbers and the great talks and I even got to sing with the choir, too! We sang a version of The First Noel that was combined with the music of Pachelbel's Canon and it sounded great! (Mom you would have loved it). For zone conference I really enjoyed the musical presentations as well and my saxophone/flute duet went very well! [See photo] I even got a recording of it that I can hopefully send to you! Then on Saturday I was asked to do the same special musical number (What Child Is This?) with Sister E. for Charley's baptism in Palm Bay. I enjoyed that, too.

I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and above all I want you to know that I love you and the Savior loves all of us!

Love,

Elder Miller

No comments: