Dear Family:
It was good to talk to you as well. I know our phone conversations are short, but don't worry we only have one more before I finish my mission. Hopefully for my sake it doesn't go too fast but it seems time still passes quickly whether I want it to or not. :)
Dad, I didn't feel that your questions were a quiz, but I did feel that the short amount of time that we have as missionaries to call was not enough to really say everything that we wanted to. But that's okay because we can talk about all those things in letters and in August. No, I haven't had any converts fall away that I know of but I have just seen good families get close to baptism and then fail. But I understand it's going to happen so I am not devastated, I just want the best for them, you know? I love you and enjoyed our conversation.
Mom, I enjoyed our conversation as well. The rest of my day was great -- we ate at President F's house for dinner and there were many families there. Our members take great care of us! That's crazy that Reece gets to be on the TV show with his friend! He didn't e-mail me this morning but maybe I'll have to ask him about it another time. I have glanced at your blog, you do a great job. I love you and hope you have a great first day at your new job in January!
Remi, I enjoyed talking with you,too! I am glad you enjoy your gifts so much. Thank you for the shorts I will hopefully use them next pday for basketball. :) What are you doing for the rest of the Christmas break? Have a Happy new year! Love you!
Reece, It was good to hear your voice on Friday and I hope you have a fun time at your friend's beach house! I love you and I hope to hear from you soon.
Things are really going well here in the Viera area! The members are awesome and we receive so many member referrals. We taught Hermano R's friend Mario in Spaninsh during the 2nd hour of church yesterday and the lesson went really well. I just had my mini English preach my gospel on one knee and Hermano R's Spanish PMG on my other knee. With this I was able to contribute to the lesson more and because I can now understand most of what is being said during the lesson I was able to follow along very well. The Lord definitely blesses His missionaries! The ward continues to impress me more and more. It is just so organized and everyone pitches in. The attendance at Takiya's baptism was heartwarming, especially since it was the day after Christmas and everyone could have justified just staying home with the family. But the Relief Society room was packed and many members brought their families and even non-member friends! This is the kind of ward that I could see raising my own future children in.
Our zone is doing great and we look forward to a promising January with many baptismal dates already set for the month. We ended December with 5 baptisms as a zone but we plan on reaching double digits in January! I will keep you updated on our progress.
President Darrington in his weekly email to me used a verse in 1 Nephi 14 and it happens to be where I just read in the Book of Mormon recently. This chapter along with 1 Nephi 13 are my favorite chapters in the first book of Nephi because they teach so clearly the message of the restoration. Nephi saw in vision everything that would happen to his people and all the things to come to pass in the last days, thousands of years before it actually happened. Because of a loving Heavenly Father and the truthfulness of this church we have this available to read from today! We will continue to share this message with everyone we come in contact with and we look forward to reaching the goals we have set for January as a zone!
I love you all and wish you a happy new year and a great 2010! You are in my heart and in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Miller
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment