MySpace Backgrounds */ /* -- basic html elements -- */ body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: small; color: #6131BD; background: #fff; text-align: center; } a { color: #c4663b; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #ffc2a6; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FD0570; } h1 { margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase; } h1 a, h1 a:link, h1 a:visited { color: #7B8186; } h2, #comments h4 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; color: #7B8186; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h3 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h4, h5 { font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } h5 { color: #7B8186; } h6 { font-size: 0.8em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } p { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0; } img, form { border: 0; margin: 0; } /* -- layout -- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; font: normal normal 110% Arial, sans-serif; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body_left.gif) left top repeat-y; } #header-wrapper { background: #D8DADC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-headerdiv_left.gif) left top repeat-y; position: relative; _height: 0; } .descriptionwrapper { background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-sidebar.gif) 1px 0 no-repeat; width: 264px; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 8px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 0; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; } .description { border: 1px solid #F3B89D; background: #FFD1BC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-profile.gif); padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 7px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -6px; color: #C4663B; font-weight: bold; } #header-inner { background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/header-01_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; _height: 0; } #main-wrapper { line-height: 1.4; float: left; padding: 10px 12px; border-top: solid 1px #fff; width: 428px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */ voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family: inherit; width: 404px; } /* IE5 hack */ #main {} #sidebar { float:right; border-top: solid 1px #fff; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 7px; background: #fff; width: 264px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #footer { clear: both; background: #E9EAEB url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-footer_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; border-top: solid 1px #fff; min-height: 15px; } /* -- header style -- */ #header h1 { padding-top: 12px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 92px; padding-left: 4px; width: 557px; line-height: 1; } /* -- content area style -- */ #main { line-height: 1.4; } .post h3 { font-size: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #C4663B; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited { color: #C4663B; } .post { clear: both; margin-bottom: 4em; } .post-footer .post-author, .post-footer .post-timestamp { color: #B4BABE; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-author, .uncustomized-post-template .post-timestamp { float: left; margin-right: 4px; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-footer .comment-link { float: right; margin-left: 4px; } .post img { border: 1px solid #E3E4E4; padding: 2px; background: #fff; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .comment-footer { margin-bottom: 10px; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ .sidebar .widget { margin-top: 1.3em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } .sidebar dl { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; } .sidebar li { padding-bottom: 5px; line-height: 1 } .main .widget .clear { clear: both; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p { margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em; } .profile-textblock { margin-left: 0; clear: both; } .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; border: 1px solid #7C78B5; padding: 4px; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header-wrapper { margin-top: 0; } body#layout #main-wrapper { padding:0; } -->

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year! January 4, 2009

Dear Remi, Reece, Mom, and Dad,

I enjoyed hearing from you last week. I am still hoping to hear from you today. [MyLDSMail couldn't handle our e-mail with photos attached. Luckily we got this from Elder Ryan and resent sans pictures!] But while I am waiting I will let you know how my week went:

This week was a great start to the new year! I can't believe my mission "black year" (from January 2009 to December 2009) is already over. I realize how urgent missionary work is because many souls still need to be brought to Christ and there is little time left to do that in.

This week I went on exchange with the Spanish Elders in Palm Bay. Our exchange went well and for me it was amazing to see the kindness and the hospitality of the Spanish members.

This week I have had the opportunity to teach many lessons in Spanish due to our Spanish investigator, Mario C., and the exchange I went on with Elder Jonson, one of the Palm Bay Spanish Elders. I'll share with you two neat experiences I had with each of these opportunities. When we were teaching Mario I was able to share scriptures in Spanish (reading them out loud as well) and understand the lesson. He really impressed me with his recollection of the chapter we left him to read and also his understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Restoration. My other experience, while on exchange in Palm Bay, was being able to teach a less active member an entire lesson on my own about the book of Mormon and its importance to our gospel knowledge. I spoke in broken Spanish and had to use some words in English but the spirit was strong and we understood eachother! I shared with her the testimony of the three witnesses and explained how the book of Mormon came to be. It was a testimony strengthening experience for both of us!

By the way, I have met Bishop Saxon of the Melbourne ward, but at the time I didn't know that his wife is the sister of Sister Fullmer! That's really neat though and I will let her know next time I see or talk to them.

There are already exciting things happening in 2010 for the Florida Orlando Mission. Our two districts each set goals of 7 baptisms for January and we are working towards these goals as a team. Through fasting, prayer, faith, and hard work I know the Lord will help us accomplish our goals.

I look forward to an inspiring meeting on Tuesday morning! It's our Zone leader/ District leader/ Senior Sister meeting with President and the Assistants that we have each transfer, but this time it's a special meeting because we are implementing the goals and plans we made for 2010! It will be complete with posters and emblems to post around the mission houses. I look forward to seeing the result of all the goals and plans we have set as a mission with the help of the Lord.

On a funny note this week I had bad luck with animals: I was bit by a dog (it didn't break skin), attacked by a crazy cat like Nemo, and pooped on by a bird. The only one I was worried about was the dog but they were all minor encounters, not to worry about. It was funny, though!

I had a great new years! We went to a Spanish family in our ward, the C's, who had all of their family there! We had great food and great company. We still went home at the same time but i thoroughly enjoyed it!

Reece, I recently sent all of our family letters except for yours, which took a little longer but is hopefully going in the mail today. You should get it soon. How is work at Mimi's coming? I see a Mimi's Cafe every week when we drive to and from appointments and I think of you. Do you ever get any employee discounts for working there? Have a great last day of vacation! I love you.

Remi, I hope you got my letter and enjoyed it. Thank you for all of yours. Hope you have a fun last day before school! I love you.

Dad, I hope you got my letter and that it made sense. I hope everything is going well for you at Max Pak. I am still keeping an eye out for displays at the stores you might have made and when you send those pictures I will have a better idea of what they look like. I love you.

Mom, hope work is going well. I love you

Love,
Elder Miller

Thank you so much for resending this. [He got our e-mail!] I am sorry I wasn't able to answer all of your questions since I just got your email now. Myldsmail is frustrating sometimes! Oh well. And mom, I am sorry I got cut short on your paragraph, I was being kicked of the Internet and had to send it quick. Here's what I wanted to say: I wish you the best at your new job. I hope everything goes well for you! I was looking at the library workers here and realizing that you will be doing the same things! That is pretty neat. I love you.

I am sorry to hear about Grandpa. I sent him a Christmas card that I hope he received. Please send this in a e-card for me: [A message for his Great-Grandpa, who is in the hospital.]

I am going to take a look at the pics now before I go. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Miller

No comments: