
Dear Dad, Mom, Reece and Remi,
I thoroughly enjoyed each of your emails! I am happy that you received my letters in the mail. There is more stuff that I am sending soon, too. Thank you for sending more letters, too. I haven't received them yet but I'll look for them in the mail today. :)
Reece, that has to be the most beautiful painting I have ever seen in my life! [Reece has about finished the huge painting we commissioned him to do for our family room!] Where did you learn to paint like that? Did Dad give you some pointers and did you read some art books? However you did it, you did an amazing job. You could sell similar paintings for a high price one day! (just a thought). To answer your question we are actually moving to the new apartment on Wednesday morning. We began our packing and cleaning at our current house today. It is quite the undertaking due to the age of the house- 35 years old! But we have help from the B's, a kind senior missionary couple that lives in Palm Bay. Today they helped us in packing dishes and apartment supplies as well as cleaning. The reason you though we would have moved by now is because originally we were going to move in February, but the mission office had to push it back due to difficulties with the current landlord. Hopefully all will go smoothly. :) Your trip to Cali sounds way fun! Please say hi to Jeff and our other mutual friends for me. Love you bro and look forward to hearing about your adventure.
Remi, Everything is going well for me here in Melbourne. Simply continuing to preach the gospel and serve the good people here. What is the science project you are working on? I am glad you are enjoying it. Send a picture when you finish it, I would love to see you finished product. :) I love you Remi!
Dad, I look forward to reading your answers to my career questions. Thank you for doing that for me. I loved hearing about your missionary experience! That's a great example of simply recognizing missionary opportunities when they come and having the courage and faith to open their mouths. Thank you for the example you set. It sounds like the house is coming along but I can tell there is always another project to work on. I have learned that it is just a part of life, though, and I am grateful for that because with each challenge or obstacle overcome we feel accomplished and strengthen our relationship with the Lord as we rely on him through the journey. Thank you for your hard work and sacrifice for our family! You're a great Dad! I Love you and look forward to your letter.
Mom, I loved hearing about your missionary experience, too! Both you and Dad did great in courageously opening your mouths to share the gospel. One thing I love about missionary experiences is each new experience builds upon the last one and strengthens your faith and abilities as a servant of the Lord. Glad to hear the house is coming along. After all is said and done you and Dad could host your own flipping houses show on HGTV. Seriously! you do great work. :) I hope you and Dad enjoy your trip to Saint Augustine! The city is just north of my old area (Daytona Beach), but it's outside our mission so I have never been there before. I am sure you will have a great time. :) If you ever want a free sailboat trip up there or anywhere, especially for our whole family after my mission, I am good friends with a recent convert in Ormond Beach (Daytona area) who wants to take us sometime and has a beautiful huge sailboat. Just so you know! I'm glad that it looks like Grandpa will be getting to live at home again. I will pray for him. That would be wonderful if he flies down! If it's in 5 months I will see him, too! I love you mom and appreciate your hard work and dedication in our family's behalf.
My weekend was awesome with the Gladys Knight Saints Unified Voices choir! Everyone I know who went to one of the four performances, including myself, really enjoyed it. Elder Devine and I got to ride there with a really nice couple we tracted into. They are both into jazz and are musicians themselves so we had a lot to talk about during our trip. They both really enjoyed the concert and we will be bringing them by their free materials this week (the sampler CD of the choir, a book of Mormon, and a restoration DVD). I am excited to teach all of the people who were there from our area this week because we have had such a powerful spiritual experience to start with. It was a great multi-cultural tool for missionary work, especially since this is Florida. Gladys Knight is quite the entertainer and her husband, Brother McDowell was great as well. He had everyone laughing with his stories and my favorite part was hearing his conversion story. I can guarantee it touched the hearts of every non-member there! I am looking forward to all the referrals that are coming our way as a result of this missionary experience and I know they are coming because so many members brought non-member friends. I love being a part of Christ's restored Church and participating in His worldwide missionary efforts!
I am grateful for President Darrington's recent challenge to the mission to extend the baptismal invitation to those who are at church without a date. I have personally committed to doing that and I have hope that the whole Cocoa zone will, too. It was amazing to hear about the opportunities coming our way this week and in the upcoming months as a result of the SUV fireside and I pray that we can see many baptisms from it's success. I am pleased with the exchange Elder Hyer and I had this past week. We set two baptismal dates together with an older couple that we tracted into and we were able to be involved in all aspects of the work together. Elder Lussier, Cocoa district leader, is a great help to his district's missionaries. We will be triple teaming it next week with the Elders from his district and ourselves during the day. We hope that his will show the Lord our desire for success as a zone and strengthen the Cocoa Elders.
I want each of you to know that I love you and I hope you have an amazing week. I love the work I am involved in here. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's Church restored on the earth through His servant Joseph Smith. I love sharing the gospel message with everyone I talk to and it has greatly strengthened my own testimony. I hope to hear about more of your missionary experiences next week. Stay Strong and keep up the great work!
Love,
Elder Miller
P.S. The picture is me on Brother G's golf cart. He is a huge Chargers fam and a huge golf fan!



No comments:
Post a Comment