Hello Mom, Dad, Remi, and Reece!
I had a very eventful week so I have a lot of news to tell you about! Today we are going to the spring training baseball game for the Nationals and the Mets-- hopefully it won't get rained out! This week the whole mission had President's interviews in our apartments. It was really nice to have President and Sister Darrington in our home and thank goodness we had a new and clean apartment to have them in! That is always a special experience and helps everyone in the mission to be more unified with their mission President. I thanked President in my email to him for taking the time, effort, and miles to do that for the mission! During my interview I asked President what I would be doing for the rest of my mission. I will be getting transferred to a new area (I'll find out where on Saturday during transfer calls) for this upcoming transfer (6 weeks). I will be learning the area with a missionary who is already in the area and then I will be training again for my last two transfers! (My third "mission son!") I am really looking forward to that and I will let you know in my next email where I am going. Some of the happiest and most successful times on my mission were when I was training Elder Nelson in Kissimmee so I am excited!
We went on exchanges this week with the Assistants and the Cocoa elders. Both exchanges were successful and I really enjoyed my exchange with Elder Steinman. Do you remember me talking about Elder Steinman who was in the MTC with me? He is an awesome missionary and he taught me a lot through his example about being sweetly bold. I saw the difference it makes when we are sweetly bold with love as our motivator in every contact we make. We had a lot of success together as we were involved in every aspect of the work and the couple who we invited to church for the first time came yesterday!
This week has been successful for the Cocoa zone! Everyone [district] in our zone had someone at church except one. We had a total of 18 investigators at church! Melbourne had their baptism for Brother R. this weekend and that was a special experience for all who attended. Like President said in his email, though, we really need to set dates with those who are coming to Church. That seems to continually be a struggle throughout the mission, but I know as we pray for the Lord's help with this and make it a focus we will be successful in bringing the Lord's lost sheep into His fold.
This week we had some crazy car troubles again but as always the Lord was watching out for us and protected us. Our engine computer malfunctioned and caused our car to shut off while we were coming to a stop light. Luckily it would turn on and stay on long enough for us to get into a parking lot where we could try to figure out what was wrong. I kind member from the Melbourne ward saw us and stopped to help. He used his pocket car computer to figure out the problem and then he gave us a ride to our dinner appointment on the other side of town. The next day we were able to take it into the dealership to get the computer replaced under warranty so everything worked out for the best!
Dad, I really appreciate you ordering those books for me and I will definitely use them when I finish my mission. Thank you very much for your great advice on career choices. The reason I didn't mention much about it last Monday is because I printed it out to take with me that day so i hadn't read it until after leaving the Library. I really enjoyed reading it though and I appreciate all of your help and advice!
Reece, I hope you have a great and SAFE trip to California while you are snowboarding and visiting friends. Hopefully you took my helmet or have one to use! :) I am excited for you and I bet you will have a great time! Catch some air for me, OK?
Remi, sounds like you have had some fun lately, too with your friends! I am glad to hear that you have good friends to do stuff with and that you are having fun!
Mom, all of our investigators are doing well, we just need to help them receive baptismal dates! We are planning on teaching Lille and Laura in the G's home tonight and also another lesson with one of the C's friends in their home tonight. I will let you know how it goes. I am so happy for the members who are able to have friends and investigators taught in their home because I can really see the difference it makes for those learning about the gospel when they feel the strong spirit in a member's home. I hope you are able to have the missionaries teach someone in your home soon and have that amazing experience! I just ran into a few members from the ward in our library and it made me think of you working there. I hope your job is still going well for you! and by the way, the missionary who thought that [BYU-I] class sign ups were earlier was wrong, so you're right about July. Thanks for checking, though.
It sounds like the house is coming along and that you have fun spring break plans! I hope everything goes well for you this week and I look forward to hearing from you about it. I love you all, have a great week!
Love,
Elder Miller
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment