Good Morning from Melbourne (for the last time),
My Easter went very well. I sincerely enjoyed the talks given by all the general authorities throughout the 5 sessions and I received a lot of answers to prayers that I have been seeking. I love general conference and I feel that I made the most out of my last opportunity to watch general conference as a duly ordained minister of the gospel. I am grateful for the notes and revelation I have been instructed to write down and for my strengthened testimony. As I sat there listening to these men speak, I reflected on my own knowledge that they are Prophets, Seers, and Revelators of God. The spirit bore powerful witness to me through feelings that can only come from God, that these men are God's Prophets and Apostles on the earth today and that they are righteously leading His Church. I am thankful for this most recent witness of truth and I committed myself in writing to continually live faithful to my knowledge of the gospel.
Transfer calls were on Saturday morning and I have been assigned to Stuart North to finish my missionary work there. I am really looking forward to serving there with the great missionaries and the ward there. My new companion is Elder Engeman and he really is a new companion. He has been out for six weeks in the field and his companion last transfer who was also fairly new went home. So I will be doing some follow-up training with him for 6 weeks and then for my last two transfers I will be training a new missionary. My it will be different going from a four man apartment where three of us have been out for 20 months to a four man apartment where the other three have been out for less than 6 months. I am excited to serve there with these missionaries and I hope to regain some of my own strength through their contagious Greenie fire! Don't get me wrong, I haven't lost any of my missionary zeal, but there is just something special about a new missionary in the field who is excited, ready to do the work, and has no preconceived notions about about how much can be accomplished with the Lord's help. I will be going down to Stuart tomorrow morning, so today I will be saying goodbye, at least temporarily, to the great families of the Viera area.
Mom, and Reece, to answer your question: I did see the launch this morning!!! (We had to get up at 3:00AM and this time we made sure the ringer volume was on! :) I didn't want to say anything ahead of time because of what happened last launch, but the Lord really blessed me with a second opportunity to see the last night launch of all the shuttles. What's even more exciting, is Brother N, our ward mission leader, was kind enough to take Elder Devine and I to the same observation sight that I had previously had the opportunity to attend. He took us to what they call the NASA Causeway with his special pass, which is practically the closest the general public can get to a launch (about 5 miles out). I took some great pictures and video and will try to send some to you after my e-mail. I am glad to got to see it to on your way back this morning, Reece and Mom! It will be fun for all of you to see on my camera what it looks like up close! Mom, I hope your library job is continuing to go well for you. And I think I will be fine on money for a while. I will keep you posted, though. Reece, I hope you had an awesome, fun, safe trip and I look forward to hearing all about it soon. :)
Dad, I am so happy for you receiving this new calling! [Early morning Seminary Teacher!] I have had the opportunity to teach seminary recently and I have realized the profound effect that it has on young teens throughout the Church. I am now even more grateful to my seminary teachers who used the time, energy, and sacrifices it took to help me and my peers gain a testimony of the gospel through our own experience. Much of what was said in general conference directly applies to you with your new calling and it also prepared the way for me to receive some precious personal revelation in regards to my own future calling of helping the rising generation in the way the Lord directs me to. During general conference, I also heard general authorities say how much they appreciated and learned from their parents' advice, and I feel the same way about you and Mom. Thank you for all you have taught me and will continue to teach me throughout my life.
Remi, Thank you for the time you take out of your fun time to write me letters while I am on my mission. I look forward to doing the same thing for you in the future. Your a great brother! I actually haven't felt the heat like you have yet, its been perfect weather for me lately (high 70's with sunshine)! But I am sure I will feel it when summer comes. Have an awesome week with our cousin, Zack, and tell Zack and Aunt Wanda that I said hello!
I feel empowered after these recent sessions of General conference and I feel a new sense of excitement for the work! I sense that we are close to reaching the next level of the Florida Orlando Mission! I look forward to helping the Stuart North area for the remainder of my mission. I will do my best to help them progress in their missionary work and help those who are at church already receive a baptismal date. I will really miss the great people of Viera. I didn't have to grow to love the people here, it just came immediately with the love and support they had for me and for the work. I look forward to coming back to Viera in the near future for upcoming baptisms. I am grateful for the opportunity to have served in two zones as a zone leader. I feel that I did my best in helping the missionaries increase their missionary efforts and work their hardest to help the Lord's children come unto Him. I am grateful for the opportunities that I had to serve with the wonderful Elders and Sisters in our mission leadership and I hope to continue these friendships over the years. It has been a pleasure serving with President Darrington and attending many powerful leadership meetings under his direction. I have learned a lot that I will apply not only to my missionary work now, but also to my future career and family life. Now that I have been released as a zone leader I will finish my mission serving as a trainer, which calling I am very happy to accept! I appreciate all that each of you do as my family to love and support me in my service here as a full-time missionary. I look forward to hearing about your final months of school, progression and experiences in your callings, and your summer plans. Have a great Monday and a wonderful week!
Love,
Your son and brother,
Elder Miller
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment