I can't believe Christmas is almost here. It hasn't really hit me yet, because one, we're so busy with the work, and two, it is still warm outside and has even rained a few times. So it doesn't quite feel like Christmas season yet, especially because this is my first one away from home.
So how are you doing? I wonder what Christmas traditions you have done so far this year? It will be awesome to get your package; I'm really looking forward to it! : ) I'm sending my Christmas package on Wednesday the 17th and it should get there to you a few days before Christmas. : ) I hope you enjoy it!
Well to answer some of your questions Mom: I have a 300 minute phone card (so I won't run out), I will most likely open presents at our apartment and then go to the S's for a Christmas dinner. I will call either from the apartment or the S's. I can call whenever you would like me to (I could call after you guys have finished opening presents if you want me to). Just e-mail me the time you want me to call (in your time) and I will get it in my next email. : ) thanks do have a few little Christmas trees in the apartment. They're pretty small, but they are festive. : ) Dad, I've been singing in the choir too. : ) We've had practices after the block the past two Sundays and on Sunday I will be singing, "Still, Still, Still") with the choir. As usual there are only about four guys (me included) and 12 women. I think it will go well, though! I wish I could hear your duet, dad, with Brother C. I wish you luck and I know it will sound great. : ) We extended the Baptismal commitment to Caesar P., and he said he would have to pray about it and then tell us what he felt. We still haven't talked with him since but we will go by tonight or tomorrow to find out. I'm going to send this email .... OK, I'm back. And the Jude and Marie M. family are progressing because they are reading and praying and they are coming to church this Sunday and we are going to theirs on Saturday. They are currently 7th day Adventists. There are a total of 7 in their family. We had to drop the McI's because they weren't keeping commitments. But its good that we have a new family. Elder Bradford says hi too. He is actually not doing so well. Most of my day today will be spent in the doctor's office waiting on him to get checked out. He's had blessings so he will be fine. But keep him in your prayers. Our members are still dutifully feeding us and we even went to Cracker Barrel with Brother S. this week. Haven't been there in a while! On Saturday we ended up tracting the same area as some Jehovah's Witnesses. We just waved and said hi. It was funny. : ) Saturday night was our Christmas party for the ward and guess what I did . . . played saxophone! I got permission from the AP's[Assistants to the President]to play some Christmas hymns for the program and I ended up playing the "dinner music," too. It went really well. I borrowed one of Maura C's saxophones (She's in the Clermont ward) and she and I played many duets of the Christmas hymns. I think you guys would have enjoyed it especially if you like Reece and I playing "If I Could to Hie to Kolob. We also went Christmas caroling at a rest home in Leesburg. It was a good opportunity for service. Well that about sums it all up.I love you all and look forward to my call! Stay Strong!Elder Miller
It's so fun that he is sharing his talents (singing in the choir, sax playing etc.) I would have loved to hear the duets on the sax!! Thanks for sharing.
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
1 comment:
It's so fun that he is sharing his talents (singing in the choir, sax playing etc.) I would have loved to hear the duets on the sax!! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment