It was so good to hear from all of you! And thank you Mom and Dad for the letters you sent me this week! I appreciate it. I will be sending a letter & pictures today to both California and Florida (Dad) so that you can all see the baptism and hear about it. Reece, I sent you a letter on Friday of last week so it should be there today. I am so glad that you had such an awesome trip!! That sounds like you and your friends had a blast and I hope you wore my helmet so that you were safe. : )[snowboarding] Mom, congratulations on your final articles. I know you will be blessed for your hard work and sacrifices for our family. Remi, I'm glad your feeling better and I hope you get to go to Yosemite this week! I will pray for good weather for you. Dad, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well at your new job. That is awesome that you are already contributing so much to the company. By the way: What is the company called? What is your position? People ask me all the time what you do for work our here and I have to tell them I am honestly not sure. : ) [He's a structural and graphic designer for a corrugated company. But he had left the industry for a few years and is now going back, so Ryan is forgiven for not knowing! LOL] I hope you are enjoying the Florida weather. Thank you for all the hard work and sacrifice you put into supporting our family! I love you all! And I will get to talk to you on the phone next month. : ) Cool huh?
Well, my week was another amazing week with new challenges, lots of blessings and an amazing conference! All 5 sessions were great! I really learned a lot from each of the speakers, especially all of the first presidency. You can tell by just watching conference that these men are truly called of God and that they hold His authority on the earth today! I also could have guessed the new apostle. I loved his talk in October general conference 2008 and I always quote him to investigators when explaining faith. "Faith is not only a feeling, it is a decision." Not only did I enjoy general conference, but so our 13 investigators that came to it with us!
Our next baptisms are this month with the R. family, and a new investigator named Darlene, who we received from my MTC companion from his area and she already has a baptismal date! The baptisms will be on the 25th of this month. Exciting. I want to let you know that your praying for our investigators specifically has really made a difference!! Many baptisms and new investigators are coming out of the wood work and Heavenly Father is blessing us immensely! Thanks for all your prayers.
On Saturday before the priesthood session Bishop T. treated us to dinner at Golden Corral and the about 12 brethren from the ward joined us. Dad, I had a dream the other night that I saw you at a restaurant here so I was looking around for you during dinner. : ) Eating out before the priesthood session reminded me of when you, Reece, and me would go to ice cream after the session. I miss those times and I am glad to have those memories forever. I really enjoyed conference and I hope you all got as much out of it as I did.
I have been helping Allan S. prepare for leaving next week on his mission. He is nervous and excited but I know he will do great. I will miss his help on exchanges though. A 16-year-old from our ward is taking care of the spot Allan will leave behind. His name is Taylor M. I am so grateful for the help of the young men in our ward. They are a huge asset to the missionary work here in Kissimmee.
Mom you were asking about my new comp: I really like my new companion. He is easy to get along with and is a hard worker. His name is Elder Nelson and he is from Logan, Utah. He doesn't complain, even though he has been very sick, and he works hard. He is doing a great job learning the ropes of missionary service!
This week we took an investigator (Nathan Jr. M.) to 11-year-old scouts and he had a great time. He will definitely be baptized as soon as his father gains a testimony.
Well time is flying and I cant believe today is my 8 month mark! Guess who is coming to our mission??? Elder Jeffery R. Holland!! I'm very excited to hear from him on the 25th. : )
Well I love you all and will keep you in my prayers. Elder Miller
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment