Hello Reece, Remi, Mom, and Dad! How is life in Lakeland for you? Life in Daytona is awesome! I am very excited for the Deland Zone. I am watching miracles occur with member referrals, upcoming baptisms, and member exchanges that point the way to a very successful August for Deland. The Lord is preparing a way for our baptismal goal of 12 to be accomplished and even exceeded. I have faith in our new district leaders, Elders Wilson and Bernhisel, and I look forward to this exciting month. It was fun to hear about your beach trip! I am very excited for our family having a beach so close by. Dad, I think that would be a great idea to give Eddie and Kathy your testimony. They are very receptive and are preparing for baptism. Mom, you are right, I cannot believe how fast my mission is going by. Reece, thank you for sending me those face book posts. It was nice to see that some of my friends remembered my birthday. :) Will you please check up on my face book and music myspace every once in a while to make sure they are still working and that there are no inappropriate posts. Thank you. :) Remi, my Sunday was awesome. It was fast Sunday and the spirit was so strong the whole day. I know our investigators felt the spirit as well and I told you more about it in your letter. I taught our Sunday school lesson on obedience and it went really well. I wrote each of you letters which are going into the mail today (hopefully with some more pictures :) and I told you a lot already so now I will just tell you more about what’s been going on. Tuesday we welcomed in Elder Bernhisel to the area through "Grandpa’s" mafia surprise (just like I was welcomed in.)[See previous post for an explanation!]It was fun to be on the giving end of that surprise this time. We had a lot of meetings this week including our Zone Leader Council and Zone Development Meeting. Elder Palmer and I prepared an awesome meeting and I told you all about it in Dad’s letter. It might bring back memories for you Dad of when you put together meetings and things when you were a zone leader in Ecuador.Kathy and Eddie were both at church on Sunday and the spirit was very strong! Sasha, one of the young women in the ward had her friend Amber there and I could see out of the corner of my eye that they really felt the spirit during the meeting, especially when we sang “The Spirit of God” as our closing hymn. I am excited for the many baptisms our zone has coming up for this month! I will let you know about them as they get closer. This coming weekend the Spanish Elders and some of the Deland missionaries are having a total of 7 baptisms. Elder Palmer and I are helping our investigators prepare for the end of August so we should have about 5 baptisms. I can hardly wait!Lately Grandpa A. has been taking us to Sam’s Club for our grocery shopping and we got a ton of food today for the same price that we normally pay and it will last us the whole month!Well, I hope you all get my letters soon and that you have an awesome week. Thank you for sending the package and I look forward to getting it on Thursday!! I love you and miss you.Love, your son and brother,Elder Miller
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment