My Family,I was amazed to read in your emails that you had been in Kissimmee and met the wonderful people that I worked with there! It's still hard to even imagine that you just visited where I was for 5 months of my mission! I am so glad that you were able to meet Danny P. and tell me that his mom is being baptized. I remember teaching him about the temple and how that work could be done for his mother. That fills me with so much joy that it brings tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing that experience with me. It really helps me to better understand the far reaching effects of missionary work. Thank you!My week went really well. We committed Eddie and Kathy for marriage and baptism the last weekend of September. They have to wait a little longer than expected due to the thieves who cost them a lot of money that could have been put towards a more immediate wedding. But they will not let that deter them from their goal! The way we committed them to marriage and baptism was really fun. Elder Palmer and I made a giant calendar on poster board and cut our pictures from pamphlets to plaster on the days for church, family home evening, and their baptismal date. It was a lot of fun making it and even more fun giving it to them. They really enjoyed it and they hung it up on their wall where they could see it every day. We will continue helping them prepare for baptism and I will give them our testimony dad (I printed it out for them). Thank you for keeping them in your prayers!Grandpa A. has really been taking care of us lately. He takes us out to eat when we don't have dinner appointments and he took us shopping this morning so we could use his Sam's club discount. What a nice guy! There are some tropical storms on their way here as I'm sure you know, but I don't think they will affect either of us too much besides just rainfall. And even if a storm does hit us I know that the Lord is watching out for our family and will protect us. We had a really fun zone P-day today! That is why I am emailing towards the end of P-day. Because we went down to Deland chapel to play football (in the rain), basketball, and watch the movie Hoosiers (we saved up coupons off Kellogg's products and got the free DVD, then got it approved to watch for zone p day with permission from President). We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the day with the zone!On Saturday we took our investigator Tony to the missionary fireside in Deland and I had the opportunity to practice and perform with the Stake Choir. We were told by our Ward mission leader that if you closed your eyes during the singing that it sounded like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. What a compliment! Tony enjoyed it and has decided to be baptized. He still has a lot to do to prepare towards baptism but is going to nonetheless. He is still happy that he has found the church of Jesus Christ and wants to change his life.Zone Conference was also this week (we had a busy week :)) and I participated by leading a couple of the "round table" discussions as well as the Zone meeting during the conference. Our focus has been on teaching with the Spirit and learning to recognize its promptings. I can definitely see the effects of this focus as we are very close to reaching our goal as a mission this month of 100 baptisms!We had two exchanges this week (one with each district leader) and I really learned a lot from Elder Back and Elder Maughan. We worked hard and set goals to improve in areas where we saw the need.My week was awesome and I am so glad that yours was, too! Thanks again for letting me know about your Kissimmee experience and I look forward to writing my recent converts there letters to give encouragement and thanks. Have another awesome week! I love you!~!Elder Miller
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment