MySpace Backgrounds */ /* -- basic html elements -- */ body { padding: 0; margin: 0; font-size: small; color: #6131BD; background: #fff; text-align: center; } a { color: #c4663b; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { color: #ffc2a6; } a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #FD0570; } h1 { margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase; } h1 a, h1 a:link, h1 a:visited { color: #7B8186; } h2, #comments h4 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; color: #7B8186; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h3 { font-size: 1em; margin-top: 2em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-header1_left.gif) bottom right no-repeat; padding-bottom: 2px; } h4, h5 { font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } h5 { color: #7B8186; } h6 { font-size: 0.8em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; } p { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0; } img, form { border: 0; margin: 0; } /* -- layout -- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 700px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; font: normal normal 110% Arial, sans-serif; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-body_left.gif) left top repeat-y; } #header-wrapper { background: #D8DADC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-headerdiv_left.gif) left top repeat-y; position: relative; _height: 0; } .descriptionwrapper { background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-sidebar.gif) 1px 0 no-repeat; width: 264px; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 8px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 0; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; } .description { border: 1px solid #F3B89D; background: #FFD1BC url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-profile.gif); padding-top: 10px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 7px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: -6px; color: #C4663B; font-weight: bold; } #header-inner { background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/header-01_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; _height: 0; } #main-wrapper { line-height: 1.4; float: left; padding: 10px 12px; border-top: solid 1px #fff; width: 428px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ /* Tantek hack - http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html */ voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family: inherit; width: 404px; } /* IE5 hack */ #main {} #sidebar { float:right; border-top: solid 1px #fff; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 7px; background: #fff; width: 264px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #footer { clear: both; background: #E9EAEB url(http://www.blogblog.com/snapshot/bg-footer_left.gif) bottom left no-repeat; border-top: solid 1px #fff; min-height: 15px; } /* -- header style -- */ #header h1 { padding-top: 12px; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 92px; padding-left: 4px; width: 557px; line-height: 1; } /* -- content area style -- */ #main { line-height: 1.4; } .post h3 { font-size: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #C4663B; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited { color: #C4663B; } .post { clear: both; margin-bottom: 4em; } .post-footer .post-author, .post-footer .post-timestamp { color: #B4BABE; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-author, .uncustomized-post-template .post-timestamp { float: left; margin-right: 4px; } .uncustomized-post-template .post-footer .comment-link { float: right; margin-left: 4px; } .post img { border: 1px solid #E3E4E4; padding: 2px; background: #fff; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .comment-footer { margin-bottom: 10px; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ .sidebar .widget { margin-top: 1.3em; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } .sidebar dl { margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0; } .sidebar ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; } .sidebar li { padding-bottom: 5px; line-height: 1 } .main .widget .clear { clear: both; } /* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p { margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em; } .profile-textblock { margin-left: 0; clear: both; } .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; border: 1px solid #7C78B5; padding: 4px; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header-wrapper { margin-top: 0; } body#layout #main-wrapper { padding:0; } -->

Monday, July 5, 2010

Lots of News! June 28, 2010

Dear Family,

Sounds like you had an awesome, successful, busy week! Me, too! I have a lot to tell you. I'll save my biggest news for the end...

I am feeling much better now. I was sick with a cold/flu thing Monday through Thursday. But on Friday we were back out on the bikes in the sun and it felt great! And being sick finally gave me time to install my bike odometer that you gave me for Christmas. It took me a while, huh?! But it's a lot of fun to see how far we went on Saturday, how fast, etc. We traveled 10 miles on Saturday (our appointments were not as far as they usually are) and I reached a max speed on flat ground of 33.2 miles per hour. Not to bad for just getting over a cold!

One of the Brothers that I am close to in the ward here - Brother H., frequently stays with his wife in their cabin at a camp grounds very close to Lakeland. He has offered, if you would like, to come visit them while they are there. His wife is a professional artist and after I told them about Reece enjoying art they offered for her to give you a free painting lesson if you want to come up and visit them. Reece and anyone else as well, if you are interested in meeting with the H's, please call them! It's a great opportunity so if you can go give him a call. :)

Sunday was a great Sabbath day; they always are but there were just a lot of really good things that happened for me! We had our friend John at church whom I told you about last week and we are meeting with him again on Wednesday or Thursday. Our friend Can (short for Candido I found out) was at Church for the first two hours again and even brought his friend, Sarah, along! The talks were very uplifting for me, but even more so for John. The Spirit helped me realize how pertinent they were for him with his situation. I know the Lord reaches out to His children in need through the help of others, especially through testimony! My favorite part about Sacrament, though, was getting to see Jonathan pass the Sacrament for the first time! It brought me so much joy to see him up there with the other priesthood holders bringing the tray around and fulfilling his Priesthood duties. I realized as I pondered on it, that he had just received a remission of his sins and was now showing gratitude by helping others to receive their forgiveness through taking the sacrament. That's the beautiful thing about the gospel- those who have been served turn around and serve others!

Sunday we also had a dinner appointment and lesson with a non-member family (Bill and Lois) who live directly behind the S. family in our ward. They are very close with the S's (they even have a gate that lets them into their back yard!) and we had a great dinner together. We ate grilled chicken, bratwursts, and lots of delicious side dishes. Then we had a lesson on prayer and answered their questions about the church. We are meeting with them again on the Fourth of July. They are an awesome family and I look forward to seeing them progress in the gospel!

I am so glad that you were able to meet President and Sister Darrington and I am glad that your visit went well! I was actually able to hear about your visit from him as I spoke to him on Saturday morning during transfer calls.

Elder Bennett is being transferred to the Leesburg zone in the Belleview area and Elder Fileteo is taking his place. Now the FT. Pierce area will be having a focus on Spanish work since both he and Elder Stolle are assigned as Spanish speaking missionaries. Elder Engemann is being transferred to Hunter's Creek West area (the area right by the mission office) and I will be going with him up to the mission office to pick up my new companion on Wednesday - I am training again!

I am very excited that I get to train again and I look forward to catching the "greenie fire" that my new companion brings. I will let you know next e-mail what his name is, where he's from, etc. Please pray for me that I may have the Lord's guidance to do my best in helping this young missionary develop Christlike attributes and help others to be baptized into the Lord's Church.

I look forward to a great last two days with Elder Engemann. He has been a great companion and I will miss him. But I look forward to training a new Elder my last transfer and I know we will have a hard working, sweaty, awesome, successful six weeks together!

Mom, I hope you have a great time at young women's camp and I pray that the rain will hold off! [It did -- it only rained once when the forecast said t-storms every day!!!] I will send a list in the mail of the families' names and addresses that you wanted. Dad, Karolyn does not have home teachers yet, but she does have a visiting teacher. I hope she gets home teachers soon! I wish you the best in your work and in this upcoming week!

Reece, it sounds like your server job is a lot harder that your last responsibilities there but I know you are doing a great job and I feel you will continue to get better and more comfortable with it. I will keep you in my prayers. :) Remi, I am glad you and the family had a lot of fun at the beach and I hope you continue to enjoy your summer!

I love you all. Have a blessed week!

Love,

Elder Miller

No comments: