Hello Family!
Well, today I am just getting around to my email because I was attempting to register for classes. So far I have four classes but I need at least a couple more. Reece, how is your first experience going registering for classes? I find it difficult as a missionary because I haven't used computers this much for two years and I am having to relearn how to navigate the BYU-I site. It sounds like all of you had a good week. I am glad Remi's Scout Camp went well and it sounds like Reece and Dad had fun with the merit badges they helped out with. Mom, Dad, and Reece, I hope work is going well for all of you. Mom, just so you know the letter and list of names should be arriving today or tomorrow at the latest (I put it in the mail Saturday morning). Thank you for answering all of my questions! You're a big help!
I can't believe that after today I only have two more emails that I get to send. Then we will see each other again! It's crazy how time flies, isn't it?
My week was great as usual but the experiences that I had this week really strengthened my testimony of Christ's Atonement - both as applied in my personal life and in the lives those we are teaching. I am grateful for the help the Lord has given me and I know that He lives and loves us very much; more than we can fully comprehend.
We have recently been helping Karolyn and Jonathan prepare to go to the temple for the first time to do baptisms. I am so excited for them! Karolyn has even been trying to get some info from her family on grandparents so she and Jonathan can do the work for them. Her mother was curious to know why she needed the info. and Karolyn explained to her about the temple and baptisms the best she could. When we were over at their home last night her mom called and we helped Karolyn explain to her mother the doctrine behind baptism for the dead from the scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:29, 1 Peter 4, etc). Obviously that's not normally the first thing you teach someone who is not a member of the church, but we also invited her mom to have the missionaries there in Puerto Rico come over to her home to answer her questions and share with her the missionary lessons. I really hope that she takes the opportunity to do so because I know they can help her understand, especially when she feels the spirit!
We are helping John make his final preparations for baptism. He will make a great member of the Church! I will let you know how his baptismal service goes Saturday in my email next week. Please keep John in your prayers so that he can have extra special help as he makes the final preparations for baptism. Thanks for your help. :)
We watched the Reflections of Christ DVD with a part member family this week and it was very moving. If you haven't seen it yet definitely take the opportunity to because it helps one to imagine what the different parts of Christ's earthly life would have been like. We bore testimony to the family and encouraged them the come to Church. They came this Sunday! We look forward to teaching them more in the future.
We recently started a rotating FHE group which so far has been a great success. The Lord blessed us with being able to get this going every Monday as a support and fellowship opportunity for recent converts, less actives, and investigators. It is hosted in a different active members home each week and rotates between 3 or 4 families. This way those who attend get to know many different ward members and they get to learn how Family Home evening could be done in their own homes. Tonight FHE is at the P's again but I will only be able to stay for half an hour because I am getting picked up by Elder Steinman and the other assistant to the president to go to a special 3-day training in Orlando for the mission leaders (zone leaders, district leaders, and trainers). I hope it goes well and that with the little time that I have left hopefully I will be able to apply the training and better the mission because of it.
Elder Thomas is doing great and he says hello as well. He and I are really working hard together and enjoying the time that we have to serve the Lord. Training has gone really well and I can feel the Lord guiding us through the Spirit throughout each day.
I pray that each of you have another great week and that you are enjoying your second summer here in Florida. I love you all very much and will continue to work hard to the finish. Happy Pioneer Day!
Love,
Elder Miller
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment