Saturday, January 24, 2009
Comin' in Loud and Clear January 19, 2009 e-mail
Hello Family! How are you? Thanks for your email. We are emailing today from the Church since it is a Holiday. [Martin Luther King Day -- The library was closed.] Reece, that is awesome that you got your Eagle, [Not yet -- he still has the board of review to go!] are going to an awesome dance, and got a job. Congratulations!! Remi, I'm glad you went camping. Mom, good job on so many articles. I know the lord is blessing you! Dad, good luck with everything! I love you all!! Well, I'm about to try to make up for all the missed emails (Although they weren't my fault -- last week I couldn't finish my second e-mail because the line at the library was 50 mins. long and I ran out of time.) Well here's what's been happening lately: I still work out every morning and have implemented the pro-push ups into my routine. They work really well, thanks! Those Christmas stories from our family book, that you guys sent me, I have used in family home evenings and lessons; thanks for that too! Elder Lindstrom is adjusting well to a four man apartment now as this is his first 4 man, (second area). He is my height, red hair and freckles, and a lot of fun. He is a good guy. : ) I might be transferred soon (I just have a feeling) so I have been having members write in my book that Sister Hovey gave me. I have been to many areas now both on exchanges and activities: Eustis, Apopka, Leesburg, Lake Mary, and Minneola & Clermont (of course) and a few more that I can't think of. : ) We shared green eggs and ham with the entire relief society a couple of Sundays ago and they really enjoyed it. We have really been having some great dinners and interaction with the members. I am going to be sad when in comes time to leave Minneola, my fist area. I will always remember it. The Phillips (Elder Pena's grandparents) sent me a nice CD that I listened to. I haven't heard from too many people other than them lately. Caesar came to church finally on Sunday! He really enjoyed it and we even had the translation equipment and everything set up! We have a done a lot of service, specifically for AJ R. (he was in the big accident) and Kathy T, Bro. S's sister. I can't believe I have almost been out a quarter of my mission! It's going by so fast. We got cell phones at zone conference but I let Elder Bradford be in charge of it because I don't want the distraction, ha ha. It's good to have though because they now send media referrals via text message so we get them immediately. We've had some crazy experiences lately: We had a dinner appointment with Stella S., a member who we found that hasn't been to church in ages. Shes a little older now and has like 20 pets, everything from dogs to parrots. It was crazy! Then an even crazier experience: I was on an exchange with Elder Lindstrom and we had an amazing night of tracting, everyone was positive! Then the last house we knocked on was a very spiritual Jamaican lady. We had her read 3 Nephi 11: 5-8 out loud and as soon as she read the part about a man descending in a white robe she yelled something "in Tongues" and said praises. She said in her heavy accent that she had had a confirmation that it was true because earlier she had prayed and read in revelations about something John said concerning the same thing. She was very positive but she was just visiting from Jamaica, so sadly we wont get to teach her but other missionaries can. : ) Zone conference was very spiritually uplifting and I learned a lot last week. The vehicle coordinator locked our keys in the car though and so we were stuck in Lake Mary till 6 pm something and didn't get back till 7:30pm. But our president had challenged us to get a new investigator that day with the new training he gave us and we did. Elder Lindstrom and I had the opportunity that night (same night as the Jamaican lady) to talk to many positive people and we talked to Tony who became our new investigator. The way we found him was we both felt that there was someone out there that night who needed to hear our message and as we were walking on the way to the area we had prayed about I felt the spirit prompt me to knock on a door that Elder Bradford and I had already knocked on pretty recently, so at first I didn't think anything of it. But as we were walking past it I felt it again and did an immediate 180 degree turn and knocked on the door. Elder Lindstrom had to catch up with me because of the sudden turn, but when he did they opened the door and Tony came out. We could tell he was in a lot of pain due to a back injury but I know he felt the spirit because he said he wanted us to come back so he could learn more. This week was awesome! We had 140 contacts again and next week we are shooting for 200! Winter for Florida is here and it is cold. : ) Thanks for all your letters and your support!! Tell the ward thank you for the Christmas package and that my prayers are with Bishop. [Our dear Bishop had a heart attack, but is doing very well.] I love you all. Love, Elder Miller
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment