The Monday after our wonderful Christmas phone call we didn't get our e-mail from Ryan.
:-(
After a few days we e-mailed his "adopted" family "the S's" just to make sure he was okay. They said he was fine -- he had just been at their house working on a service project; that he had e-mailed us and that he and his companion were leaving on an "exchange" for a few days.
The next week we anxiously awaited his e-mail, but again, nothing! By then I was going through withdraws!
A few days later we got this sweet e-mail from another Sister in the Minneola Ward: Brother & Sister Miller,
I am a sister in the ward that your son is serving in. I spoke to him today and he informed me that his many attempts to send you an e-mail have been to no avail. He is aware of the fact that you have not received an e-mail in about 2 weeks, he is attempting to solve the problem with his e-mail. He says to tell you that the work is going well and that he sends his love.
I have had a Missionary of my own in the Mexico City mission and know that it can be nerve wracking when you don't hear from your Elder. You really live for Monday! I want you to know that you should be very proud of your son. What a blessing he is to have in our Ward. I am sure that he has many talents and special abilities but the one that I have noticed is how he is so good at remembering names and faces! I can honestly tell you that I could not say this about each and every Elder that I meet, but your son is so filled with the spirit of the Lord. He is very confident and friendly and I hope that he can spend more time with my 3 sons that I still have at home who are 16, 14 & 12 years old. Our family is feeding your Elder and his companion tomorrow night so if there is anything that you would like to communicate to him through my e-mail, I would be glad to print it and give him your message when we deliver their meal.
Sincerely,
Sister Patty J. What a blessing that he is serving in such a great ward with such caring people. I hope we get the chance to visit Minneola some day!
~Elder Ryan's mom
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Hola Elder my name is karla,i'am from chihuahua mexico.i would like to be your friend and talk with you. You are a good person.my email Musa.1729@yahoo.com Please when you have my email,delete mi comments.thank
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
1 comment:
Hola Elder my name is karla,i'am from chihuahua mexico.i would like to be your friend and talk with you. You are a good person.my email Musa.1729@yahoo.com
Please when you have my email,delete mi comments.thank
Post a Comment