Hello family! It was so good to hear from each of you today! I'm glad you had such an amazing time at Yosemite.[We did have an amazing time in Yosemite with our dear friends, the Loyds. It was a nice final "hurrah" in California.] It certainly looks like you had a blast! And thank you for the pictures, I'm going to try to print them out when I am done with my e-mail. : )My week went really well. It was a very productive and a great learning experience. We have been preparing to help some members of our ward quit smoking using the stop smoking program. This program has really worked for our investigators and it works for members who are struggling as well! (Please let your Elders in Cali and Florida know about this FULL program if they don't know about it yet: www.ldsstopsmokingprogram.org) Last week we briefed the members on how the 7-day, 15-step program works and this week we will start the actual program. Along with the members I have decided to quit one of my worst habits as suggested in Preach my Gospel chapter 10: popping my knuckles! I have popped my joints since I was 6 or 7 and so I am finally getting rid of the habit. You know how bad I was at popping everything in my body. : ) Remember Scripture study? : ) Last week I already did a trial period and I lasted 4 days with out popping anything. This week I am going to quit permanently. Please pray for me cause it is hard! : ) This week was our stake conference and our stake president really threw down on some of the things the stake needs to work on. He did a good job explaining everything and I hope people took it to heart and make the necessary changes in their lives. In answer to your questions about our recent converts they are doing well. Danny gave us a ride to stake conference, is having us over for dinner Wednesday, and will be going on exchanges with us soon. The R. family slept in instead of coming to church, but we will make sure they get to church this coming Sunday. No, we didn't have any baptisms this Saturday because of stake conference (they would have had to wait an entire week before receiving the Holy Ghost after baptism), but we didn't take a break either. We have two baptisms lined up for the 30th (Melissa T.'s and Djuna K.'s) and hopefully another one too so we can reach our goal of 6 baptisms this month! Thank you for praying for me and our investigators! The members are really taking care of us and we have had a member dinner almost every single day this month! But I am working out and eating healthy so it doesn't effect my weight. : ) I look forward to getting the things you are sending like that cool postcard, mom. I love you all and wish you the best as you make this big move. You are in my prayers and I know the Lord will help you! Love,Elder Miller Hey its me again.Reece I forgot to answer your question: My physics binder and/or papers from that class, if I do still have them, will either be in my file cabinet in my desk under the school section or in my memory box. Those are the most likely places they would be so I hope that helps. The only other place it would be is in my physics teacher's class but he may have long since left. : )[Nope, Reece had Dr. L., too! And he wanted his organized brother's binder to study for the final!]If I already threw it away I'm sorry. : )My mission is going well and I am truly enjoying the work. I love sharing what I know to be true with others. Of course there are hard times, but the more I share it the more my testimony grows. : ) I love you Reece and I miss you, too. Remi, I love you and I miss you. I'm so glad you had such a good time with Mom, Reece, and the Loyds at Yosemite. Keep up the good work! Mom, to answer your question our sources for finding people is about half tracting, half referrals. Member referrals are always a plus because usually they have been prepared and are more ready to learn about the gospel. : ) I love you and miss you. Stay strong! Dad, I love you and miss you and wish you the best in your new job. Keep up the great work. Stay strong! Elder Miller
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment