Thank you for understanding last week. This week as I email I will take some precautions to make sure that my email sends. : )[He lost his first long e-mail and had to quickly re-write a short one!]So how is my family? It sounds like you have had a crazy past few weeks! But I know all will settle down soon and you will be back to regular family life again. So Reece is in the keys? Sweet! Has he made some new friends in the youth program there? I hope he has an awesome spiritual experience there and that he bonds with those young men as well. I am just glad his high adventure wasn't somewhere else... but I'll talk more about that later... : ) So the package I told you about still needed a few finishing touches but I will take it to the post office today! Sorry it's late. Your "welcome to Florida package" includes: brochures for Florida attractions, lots of pictures! and two picture Cd's, mementos and papers that I have saved over the months, FOM messengers (the mission news article) and much more! I really hope you enjoy it! My week has been a great one. We set four new baptismal dates. they are: Harvey R. for July 18th (so his friend from Canada could come and baptize him), Alyssa B. for July 11th, and Brunilda and Felicity for July 11th, as well. We are excited for these individuals to enter the waters of baptism! We took their whole K. family as well as Harvey on a temple tour on Friday! It was such an amazing experience. The way a temple tour works here is President Herzog who used to be in the temple presidency takes investigators, their fellowship and the missionaries around the grounds of the temple and tells them about the purpose of the temple and what we do inside (to the extent that he can). It is such a great missionary opportunity and the K's and Harvey really felt the spirit! Guess who else was there?? Niki Y.! Dad, remember how you told me when I was serving in Clermont that you knew that one day Niki would recognize the truth and get baptized. Well she is! Her baptism is on the 27th of this month and I will most likely get to attend it. : ) I love missionary work! This week we were also asked to do an interview for a man named Tony who was writing a paper for his college world religions course. I think it went really well, (we basically just taught him a lesson tailored to his questions) and he came to some realizations that certain false things said about our Church were not true. I hope he will meet with the missionaries again soon and take more of the lessons to find our for himself it is true and not just for his research paper. At the end of the lesson we committed him to read 3 Nephi 11 and pray about it to know for himself if it is true. I look forward to hearing about his experience. This Saturday we participated in a sweet baptism for Pilar O. who Elder Nelson and I taught, but then referred to the Spanish Elders. She speaks Spanish better than she does English and so it was the best thing for her. But it was still exciting to go to her baptism knowing that we taught her the first lesson. : ) So... about what I mentioned earlier... The other day I had this crazy dream (I have been having dreams almost every night and Elder Nelson tells me I even yell and talk in my sleep. I told him that I couldn't hear it so he must just be imagining things.) : )[His mom will vouch for Elder Nelson!]My dream took place here in Florida and I was supposed to go to zone conference, but I got help up and wasn't able to make it. So later I spoke with some friends who went and they were able to show me somehow on a post card where I was being transferred. It was on the northern east coast of the mission. Well, my dream was right. On Saturday president called me first thing in the morning and asked if I would be willing to serve in Daytona Beach as a Zone Leader. Of course I said yes. I look forward to serving the people there. I will definitely miss Kissimmee, but I know that Lord needs me in Daytona. I leave tomorrow!Well, I will close my e-mail because I am about to get kicked off. I'll send another short one. Love you, Elder Miller
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment