Hola mi Familia! Somosmisionerosde la iglesiadeJesucristodelos Santos delosUltimos Dias. Just practicing my Espanol. : ) I got to use it the other day knocking doors. A Latina lady and her son came to the door it was very obvious they could speak English but they pretended they could only speak Spanish. So my companion and I invited them to the fireside in Spanish. : ) I learned how to get referrals for the Spanish missionaries from my district leader Elder Burdick who is one of the Spanish missionaries. I went on an exchange to Apopka with Elder Burdick on Tues. It was a really good experience to be able to go to a different area with a different companion for 24 hours. I learned some new things (including some Spanish) and tracted and entire Spanish neighborhood. We talked to lots of people and even got a return appointment with a Jehovah's Witness. It was so good to hear from all of you! Sounds like the Eagle Scout project is really coming along, Reece! Make sure you send me some pics of the finished product. : ) (I am going to be sending a envelope full of stuff today so it should get there in a week. It will have programs, a picture CD loaded with pics and all sorts of stuff from my mission. :) so a trade for a trade, huh?) And it sounds like you had a good campout, Remi! So Mom, are you almost done with your classes and can now become a librarian? To answer your questions about the football team we have a return appointment set this week that we sent with Anthony's mom (not the players themselves) we actually haven't talked talked to them since our first lesson but hopefully that will change when we go over to their house on Thurs. And with Mauricio... we went over there on Sat. and talked to him and he said that he was starting to attend a church that someone in his family told him about, but he did say he had read a little bit in the Book of Mormon. I hope he really does read it and receives that witness. But for now there is not much we can do with him unless he makes an effort to keep his commitments. Dad, I did give him your letter and I sincerely hopes he reads it. It will be good for him to hear a testimony from Ecuadorian to Ecuadorian. : ) I explained it was you testimony and that you had done as I am doing, in Ecuador, serving a mission. So thanks for the help! The fireside went really well! There weren't that many people there, but there were a handful of non-members and the spirit was strong! So I'm sure there will be good that comes of it. The members liked the musical number that me and the other missionaries and the Kelepi brothers sang. I'm sending you the program for keepsakes. We've had a bunch of new investigators lately and have a lot of appointments this week. Carlos, Nikki, Ann Marrie, and more. I'll let you know how it goes later. and I'm almost done with the letter I've been writing. GUESS WHAT! We have a Baptism on Oct. 11th with David S. at 11am. We interviewed him with the Bishop and he is going to be baptized. Cool! My first baptism. His dad is going to baptize him. I'll send pics afterwards. Well gtg. I love you all and I'll write a lot more in my letter and package that I'm sending. ttyl. love you! Love, Elder Miller
That's the first thing I thought too, ah, a Spanish speaking mission after all!! Sound like he is doing well and funny that the mission lingo is the same no matter where you go. "My dad is going to baptize him." Awesome experience. I didn't know you were taking classes to be a librarian Roni. I'm out of the loop!
Elder Ryan James Joseph Miller Florida Orlando Mission 10502 Satellite Blvd Ste E Orlando, FL 32837-8426
For Christmas if you'd like Elder Miller's direct address just call or e-mail me! RoniSMiller@yahoo.com
As per Elder Ryan's request I've removed his e-mail address. His Mission President requests that only immediate family members e-mail Ryan. But DearElder is just as easy as sending an e-mail! Many thanks to everyone who writes to our missionary! DearElder.com is really convenient and easy. DearElder is like us sending an e-mail, but DearElder gets it, prints it out, puts it in an envelope and actually mails it (the hard part!) so he gets a "letter." Easy for us. Fun for him. It does cost the amount of a stamp (42 cents) so you have to put some money in your DearElder account . . .
2 comments:
So I guess the Bishop was right, he is speaking a little Spanish ;-)Thanks for sharing Ryan's letters.
That's the first thing I thought too, ah, a Spanish speaking mission after all!! Sound like he is doing well and funny that the mission lingo is the same no matter where you go. "My dad is going to baptize him." Awesome experience. I didn't know you were taking classes to be a librarian Roni. I'm out of the loop!
Post a Comment