Dear Family,
It was fun to hear about your Thanksgiving week! My week was extremely busy and very fun. Before I tell you about it let me answer your questions:
Mom, Elder Hansen is doing really well. He is going to miss me when I get transferred, but he is excited for Deland Zone's December because they are going to have a lot of baptisms hopefully including the 12 people we're working with right now.
Yes, I am getting transferred!! Tommorrow I will be transferred to Cocoa Beach Zone (south of Daytona Beach) in the Vierra Ward. I hear that it is an awesome ward and very functional which will be nice. :) I love the Daytona ward very much and that's why I have been grateful to serve here because I have been able to help make changes as an instrument in the Lord's hands to help this ward improve. And now I will have the opportunity to help the Vierra ward in their missionary work rise to an even higher level than they are now. In November they had 10 baptisms and we are going to have a "white Christmas" in December as well! My new companion is Elder Henz, from Brazil. he was my former zone leader when I served in Kissimmee. I have always said that I would love serving with Elder Henz and now I get to! He is really excited to be my companion, too, and I will be his last before he goes home.
Apparently the four missionaries there live in a small, shabby, one bathroom, two bedroom house, but that can be subject to change (just like it was when we changed apartments here). :) But either way I look forward to serving in this new area and will give the Lord my best effort in finding His elect and baptizing them.
Reece, that is awesome you are applying to BYU. I will pray for you and I wish you the best in that endeavour. That would be awesome to be roommates! I hope you are having a great senior year.
Remi, Elder Hansen is doing great and he will now be taking my spot as the senior zone leader for the Deland Zone. I hope you enjoy the rest of school before winter break.
Dad, That is so exciting to hear about Daniel. I pray that he will feel the spirit testify to him of the truthfulness of the Gospel. Let me know when he gets baptized. :) Thank you for your advice and I hope you have a great week.
Here is how my week went:
Monday, Brother H. (he and his young family recently moved from Colorado and he is a music professor and Bethune-Cookman, a local university) took Elder Hansen and I to his office at the university for the end part of our p-day and we had fun seeing what it would be like to become a professor of music at a college. It looked like a lot of fun! He also treated us to dinner at Dustin's BBQ and then went on an exchange afterwards to help us teach Temika and her three kids about the restoration. Brother H. is awesome (a returned missionary as well) and he really gave me some good advice on music careers. He is definitely someone I will be talking with again to seek counsel on my music education and endeavors.
Some other families we have taught are Elizabeth (she is from Spain) and her kids who are very smart for their ages, the E. family whose 3 active, non-member boys we are helping prepare for baptism, and of course Richard W. who will be baptized on December 19th. I am excited to come back for these families' baptisms!
On Sunday Brother Hen., a recent convert from Texas asked me to confer upon him the Aaronic Priesthood and I was happy to do so. Edrick G., who was baptized on Saturday and confirmed in Sacrament meeting also received the Priesthood on Sunday. Edrick's baptism went really well and it was a very spiritual experience for him! Richard W., our investigator was there and he is now looking forward even more to his own baptism in December.
My Thanksgiving weekend was a blast! Thursday we had an intense Turkey Bowl in the early morning at Reed Canal Park with about 40 people (two separate games going). The game has been a tradition for years with the Coates and the Kiel families and although the Coates are in our ward I played for the Kiel family team because they didn't have enough players at first. It was a close game and the Coates team ended up winning by one touchdown, but it was just for fun (our ref, Brother Coates, might have been a little one-sided, j/k. :) I actually had an awesome touchdown catch in the inzone that was thrown really high, but I caught it between my hand and chin.
After the turkey bowl we had 3 back-to-back Thanksgiving meals with the members, first with the Davis family (all 70 of them at the church from different parts of the country), then the Lunas, and then Grandpa A. and his friend Peter from Rochester. Gu'shaun Durham joined us for the day as well and we had a lot of fun. That evening we brought pie to a less fortunate investigator named Sashia and also visted with President Roberts family. His daughter served her mission in the Fresno mission from '05 to '07 and showed me her mission picture. I found Elders Pender, and Kleine in the picture! Remember them?
[How could we forget? Elder Kleine's parents visited before he went back to Germany -- the same week Elder Ryan left on his mission! And both Elders were incredible examples of good missionaries!]
Saturday night President Darrington gave us permission to watch the BYU - Utah game at members' houses for the whole mission! It was an awesome football game and BYU won in overtime by a touchdown. Did you catch that game?
Well my week was awesome and I look forward to serving now in Cocoa Beach area (Vierra Ward). I will now be really close to the Kennedy Space Center so I might get to go their for a zone pday and if they do anymore launches I could see them up close!
I have a couple of questions for you:
What are your Christmas plans? Which phone # should I call you on the 25th? When I call for Christmas if it's ok for you after I say the initial "hello" I would like to speak with every one individually for 10 minutes rather than all at once for the majority of the time. I thought that might be better but either way I look forward to talking with you. :)
Have a great week! Happy holidays!
Love,
Elder Miller
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment