Thank you for your email! At first it wasn't working but luckily it fixed itself and started working again. It sounds like your unpacking and moving is a much longer stretch than it has been for us (one day), but that's because we only have the stuff we can take with us as missionaries which makes moving a lot easier. :)
We still have to finish cleaning our old apartment before the lease is up at the end of the month and last time we worked on it was kind of depressing because of what a dump it is compared to our new place, haha.
Reece and Remi (and Dad shortly after them) I am excited for you having your birthdays this upcoming month. I can't believe how fast time has gone by! Remi will be a teenager! When did that happen? I hope you have some fun activities planned for your special days. Let me know how they go. :)
I have a favor to ask of you. Recently I have received emails from old friends in California, which is nice for me, but our mission president has asked us that we only email family and him through email and write letters to everyone else. I want to be obedient to this so if you can will you please take my email address off of public viewing (facebook or anything else). I think you were able to put it on my facebook so if you could replace it with my mission office writing address, that would be great. Your help is appreciated, thank you. :)
My week went really well. Michelle and Joana (her 18 yr. old daughter) came to all three hours of church! I hope they were able to feel the spirit. We will talk with them more about it when we meet with them tomorrow night. Their baptismal date is on your birthday, Remi!
Eddie and Kathy & family have been doing really well and we even talked to some of her less active family members last night and committed them to come to church with us soon.
This weekend, on Saturday afternoon, we had lunch with a kind, older man who's wife used to be a member. His name is Charlie and we tracted into him one day so he decided to call the # on our pamphlet that we left him and invite us to eat lunch with him. His wife is gone in Canada taking care of her mother so he is very lonely and I feel sorry for him. If felt good to offer him friendship and he was very kind to have us for lunch.
We have recently taught James H. a 21-year-old surfer and he is very bright and understands what we teach him from the scriptures and the lessons. His concern is being nervous about coming to church. So we are giving him a church tour tonight to help him feel comfortable with the environment and feel the spirit.
This week we also had the chance to eat dinner with the H. family on the riverside dock at their home. It was a beautiful day and it was a lot of fun to see the Halifax river from their second story dock. We ate Digornos pizza so it made me think of you guys and our pizza nights. Good memories. :)
This week we also had the opportunity to do service for Jane and help with her mom's house and backyard. We hope that she will continue to be receptive to our service and message.
Well, I love you all and hope that things continue to be accomplished on your new home. Take care and Stay strong!
Love,
Elder Miller
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment