Dear Family,
It sounds like you all had a fun Halloween. I'm glad you got to go trick-or-treating, Remi, with Mom, and Dad! This Halloween made me think a lot about the times we shared running from house to house with our pillowcases or pumpkin buckets trying to get as much candy as possible. Sadly, in this area of town there were no trick or treaters. :( But Elder Hansen and I went contacting in the ghettos and talked to a few trick or treaters. (Nothing like I remember going around when I was younger). Some one asked us if we were cops for Halloween. Haha. The Ward Halloween party was fun. There was twice the Sacrament attendance there! Lots of less active members and non-members came. :) Thank you for your kind Halloween package. I got it a couple days before Halloween so I have been sharing the treats with my roommates.
Speaking of packages I have something that I am putting in the mail today that will hopefully get there soon since your birthday is tomorrow, Reece! Remi and Dad you can expect something soon as well. :) I hope you enjoy it.
Remi, I am sorry to say that we aren't having that baptism on your birthday anymore. We had to move the date back so that the father, Gordon could have time to get off work and come to church. Their new date is for the 21st and that is for both Gordon and Michelle and also their daughter Joanna. We are still really excited for them to be baptized! And yes, I will send pictures of our new apartment for you. :) I am excited for you to turn 13! I can't believe my little bro will be a teenager this week! Happy early birthday. :)
Reece, I appreciate your enthusiasm Reece, but I actually have 9 months left. [Reece bumped to 8 in our e-mail! Wishful thinking!] just so you know. :) I am excited to see you again, too. I hope you have an awesome birthday tomorrow. Let me know what you did for your birthday. I hope your gifts get there on time. I will do my best to make them get there by tomorrow, but if they are a little late please forgive me. No, I didn't get to carve a pumpkin this year, but I did get to help out someone in need which made my Halloween a special one. I was walking out of the church to grab the map book for our area when a woman slammed on her brakes and reversed to the spot I was walking to. Her name was Robin and she explained that she had been looking all day for someone to help her. She was driving her neighbors truck around to try to get the necessary parts of her work uniform for her new job which starts for her today at Cracker Barrel. She had been out of work for 6 months so she had no money to purchase a white oxford shirt and dress shoes for her uniform but she had already priced it at Walmart. So Elder Hansen and I went to Walmart and I bought her a gift card so she could by the right stuff for her job. That morning I had prayed for the opportunity to help out one of God's children, in efforts to follow the guidance and counsel I had received in General Conference, of service and love (President Uchtdorf's talk on love and president Monson's talk on service). I know the Lord answers our prayers and He not only answered mine that day but more importantly he answered Robin's prayers for help.
Mom, it's awesome to hear about your writers group. Congrats on all your strides and accomplishments in writing. I look forward to reading your novel when I get back. :) I also appreciate your help at the missionary table [Our Ward was sweet enough to have a "missionary table" at the fall festival, where members could come and write a message to the three missionaries serving from our Ward.] and look forward to those belated messages.
Dad, it was neat to hear about you and our family having that man into your home for FHE. I bet that made his week! I laughed at your running into the Jehovah's Witnesses. It happens to us all the time so I could relate to the being shared irrelevant scriptures. There is a great letter written by Mark E. Peterson to a Jehovah's witness which teaches the true doctrine of the God head and other doctrines using the Jehovah Witnesses' own Bible! You should read it if you get the chance. I was writing in my journal recently and I couldn't remember if I told you yet, but I really want you actually read your mission journals when I get back. They now have a lot more importance to me because I have a greater understanding of the Gospel and of missionary work. That talk given in General Conference by Elder Ballard really made me want to read those even more. I will share mine with you as well and we can relate mission experiences. I look forward to that day. :)
I had a great week. I still can't comprehend how weeks go by so fast but they seem to go by faster and faster, almost like Star Trek light speed or something. :) I love you all and wish Reece, Remi, and Dad happy birthdays this month! And mom I wish you a happy week as well.
Love,
Elder Miller
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment